Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: best light reflector(if there is one)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Broon_Troot Guest

Default best light reflector(if there is one)

dont want to start any agro here but what do all you growers think?
    when i bought my 250 watt light set up in my local hydro store , the light i was after was there but the reflector i was after was sold out but the guy in the store told me he had a diamond shade reflector that was worth more than i was going to pay for a normal reflector but he sold me it at the same price as the one i was after.
    dont know if it was a sales tactic or if it is actually better than the reflector i was after but i sucked it up because it was my first time in a hydro store and knew nothing really of what difference a reflector made and bought it anyway........ the reflector i was after was a half moon shape sort of thing but ended up with this diamond shape one.
    which is better?
    i have googled it a few times and get different answers each time so i thoughy i`d put it to the thc questionair(spelling)/
    has anyone had both or one or the other and what do you prefer?.........
    dont know how to do a pole.....SORRY!!!

Broon_Troot Guest

sorry for double posting but forgot to add.......
    the guy told me the diamond was the better shade(sales tactic or lies?)
    was to late to edit!!!!

Bobby Digital Guest

The diamond reflector is supposed to be scientifically designed to optimize light distribution. Same with the ajustawing reflector, the ajustawing is older than the diamond reflector. The most regular reflectors do the jobs but for even light distribution the diamond reflector you have purchased will be the best
    If someone has used both that would be cool to know if there was any difference with them. Dont know if that helps any scoobie?
    peace

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobby Digital For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

One of my mates uses the diamond reflectors, I'm a bit jealous tbh They seem to do the job perfectly, it'd be ace if they worked out some crazy air cooling system for it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggbox For This Useful Post:

Broon_Troot Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Eggbox View Post
    One of my mates uses the diamond reflectors, I'm a bit jealous tbh They seem to do the job perfectly, it'd be ace if they worked out some crazy air cooling system for it
    thats the only problem i seen with it aswell eggbox.......there is no way of putting a cooltube or the like on to it but seems to be doing the job just fine, mines is only a 250 watt anyway so dont really need a cooltube.
    so ive got a bit of a bargain then?
    thats a result as i usually get ripped of buying things like this that i dont know alot aboot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eggbox View Post

i use them and they do get hot but they are good .

medicine / bio-fuel / oxygen / building materials / proteins and essential oils/ plastics
    and textiles/ hygiene products / tree-less paper - and this is an ILLEGAL plant??
    name one other thing in this world that has all those benefits!

Bobby Digital Guest

Talking

The Adjustawing is a new range of Adjustable horizontal reflectors which will revolutionise current horticultural lighting systems. The Adjustawing reflectors are very power efficient & versatile reflectors. They may be adjusted to wide settings & positioned very close to growing plants for maximum LUX transferal (growing power). Alternatively these reflectors may be adjusted to more narrow settings and positioned considerably further away from growing plants to suit the light & heat requirements of more sensitive plants or plant stages.

By attaching the "heat shield" accessory the AdjustaWing can be lowered to an unprecedented 30cm from growing plants to produce awesome growing power. The Adjustawing Pro Alloy is constructed from highly reflective glass coated flexible aluminium and incorporates an open ended double parabolic shape. The Adjustawings simple design allows free airflow around the lamp, minimising heat build-up while maximising light output and lamp longevity.

The Adjustawing reflectors are supplied in compact kit form and are very easily assembled and adjusted to your requirements.

The New Adjustawing is now available in silver, produced from a new generation of glass coated flexible aluminium material that is 95% reflective and comes with a 25 year Guarantee against corrosion.

The Adjustawing is a new range of Adjustable horizontal reflectors which will revolutionise current horticultural lighting systems. The Adjustawing reflectors are very power efficient & versatile reflectors. They may be adjusted to wide settings & positioned very close to growing plants for maximum LUX transferal (growing power). Alternatively these reflectors may be adjusted to more narrow settings and positioned considerably further away from growing plants to suit the light & heat requirements of more sensitive plants or plant stages.

By attaching the "heat shield" accessory the AdjustaWing can be lowered to an unprecedented 30cm from growing plants to produce awesome growing power. The Adjustawing Pro Alloy is constructed from highly reflective glass coated flexible aluminium and incorporates an open ended double parabolic shape. The Adjustawings simple design allows free airflow around the lamp, minimising heat build-up while maximising light output and lamp longevity.

The Adjustawing reflectors are supplied in compact kit form and are very easily assembled and adjusted to your requirements.

Diamond Reflector (Small)

'Maximum intensity, maximum yield'

The Diamond reflector has been designed for consistent, fast growth and improved yield. As well as being highly reflective, the Diamond reflector has curved surfaces and a closed end for maximum light intensity and increased light focus. This helps reflect all usable light down towards your plants, whilst reducing the risk of hot spots.

This Small Diamond Reflector is suitable for your 250w-400w lighting system, and the Large Diamond Reflector is available for your 600w-1000w lighting system.

Well thats a little info for people wanting to choose a reflector
    peace

Broon_Troot Guest

thanks greenfinger good post......mine is the small diamond reflector with 250 watt bulb.
    good to know it will do the job just fine for my needs.
    the adjustawing looks like a great reflector though especially if yi can get as close as 30cm from plants.
    p.s my ballast says 250watt/400 watt on it, does this mean i could replace my bulb for a 400 watt?
    Last edited by Broon_Troot; 09-11-09 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scobie View Post
    thanks greenfinger good post......mine is the small diamond reflector with 250 watt bulb.
    good to know it will do the job just fine for my needs.
    the adjustawing looks like a great reflector though especially if yi can get as close as 30cm from plants.
    p.s my ballast says 250watt/400 watt on it, does this mean i could replace my bulb for a 400 watt?
    yea you should be able to .

Bobby Digital Guest

You should be able to stick a 400w bulb in if ur ballast says 400w on it, maby just google the make n model of your ballast and find out from the manufacturer
    if this is possible(it may only run with certain bulbs). dont want you blowing it up becuz some1 on here told ya it would be fine lol Just check n be sure...
    peace

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast