Thread: New Grower Here Grow Room Design And Equipment

Thanks

Default New Grower Here Grow Room Design And Equipment

Hello Everyone,
    Im new here and a first time grower. I have a room 58" by 92" that i am planning to wrap in Mylar., Ive decided on a hps lighting system. and hydro. can anyone give me some advice please.,
    Firstly what equipment to use,. for the size of room., ie / wattage of hps, intake extraction. filters, also temp control, ph control, all the good stuff. i get how to grow just not the equipment side
    How many plants can i fit in there
    Which auto flowers to use/ im looking for a quick grow method.,
    I know i am lazy but all the equipment is confusing the hell out of me and don't want to buy things twice
    My budget is around £200- £400 but cheap is always good as long as it works
    Im also from the Uk and will do a full thread with my journey and equipment to hopefully have a thread where any new person can copy the set up
    Thank you so much for your time <3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeGrower1993 For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (12-10-17)

Thanks

so what ive gathered is wrap cupboard in mylar, buy a 600w hps with a decent big reflector, a 6" intake fan. a 8" outtake fan with a carbon filter. will do the job for 3 auto plants. i just dont know whether to do soil because its simple and forgiving for the first timers or hydro

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

For now as it's a cupboard grow just use white paint in the cupboard.

RVK fan and filter kit for outtake. L1 is best a 6" or 8" outtake will do perfectly for the space.
    Humidifier, dehumidifier. 8-10L
    Nutes, as you're going soil use old timers organic Imo (others will have other suggestions)
    you need a fan to lift the hot air and a fan to oscillate the air around the room
    I would also suggest a parabolic shade and digital ballast.

Fan and filter, 131528297837
    Lighting, 251447734727
    Humidifier 251298723774

Thats the basics you'll need... You'll need to sort pots, feed system (dripper, hand or auto) there's a lot more to think about tbh.

You'll need a garland tray some sheeting and some blocks to raise the pots to drain to waste other than that I'm sure more can help

Thanks

that's great advice. i just want to start ordering so i can start building thanks for the advice

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

I would also just use flat mat white emulsion paint. I like Adjusta - Wing Avenger hoods (from Growell), they are expensive compared to others although they don't need replacing every year or so like the cheap ones.

I don't have a dehumidifier or humidifier but it's not saying you won't need them at some point, just play it by ear.

Spend as much as you can on a PH meter and EC truncheon. Personally I like to use separate bulbs for veg and flower ie MH and pure HPS.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

7. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Karsa (11-10-17)

Thanks

thanks toblue., ill take your advice in. I just want to try before i go big. Ive read so much lately. everyone has different opinions so its hard to differ. im so glad i found this forum

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

I have found Homewith bargains on ebay to be reasonable. Ballast eBay item number:231455369958

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    I would also just use flat mat white emulsion paint. I like Adjusta - Wing Avenger hoods (from Growell), they are expensive compared to others although they don't need replacing every year or so like the cheap ones.

I don't have a dehumidifier or humidifier but it's not saying you won't need them at some point, just play it by ear.

Spend as much as you can on a PH meter and EC truncheon. Personally I like to use separate bulbs for veg and flower ie MH and pure HPS.
    He's growing soil so not needed on the EC or ph