Thread: flowering room light advice

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Default flowering room light advice

Hi guys, i am just about finished my new flowering room which is 4'/6'' X 3'/6'' X 6' high, i have everything ready to get it up and running but am wanting to switch from HPS to LED, i have my eye on a particular light and was wondering if any of you guys could tell me if it is suitable for this size of room for 3 maybe 4 plants.

VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V600 LED Grow Light is scientifically engineered to keep the balance of the PAR/Lumen Output and Coverage.
    The secret to the VIPARSPECTRA LED success is the optimal full spectrum which provides plants Veg and Flower all stages with everything they desire in the natural sunlight.
    Compares to traditional 600 watt HPS/MH while consuming only 269 watts! Perfect for a 3x3' growing area at 24" height (Max coverage 4x4').
    Upgraded 4.72" fans and big aluminum cooling heat sinks (0.8" height) are easy for heat dissipation.

Replaces a 600 watt HPS/MH
    - Use for all stages of plant growth
    - Max Coverage at 24" Height 4x4ft
    - Core Coverage at 24" Height 3x3ft
    - Avg. Power Draw: 269watt
    - (120pcs) High Intensity 5Watt Bridgelux/Epileds LED Chips
    - LEDs Angle: 90°
    - Input Voltage: AC100-240V
    - Frequency: 50-60Hz
    - Lifespan: 100,000 hours

Sorry to be a pain guys but the above might as well be in french for me, cheers for now guys G'.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

A lot of LEDs reckon that they can match higher wattage HPS.... I'd look for people that own the LED & see what they say...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

G' (14-10-17), joker_the_smoker (14-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

Compares to traditional 600 watt HPS/MH while consuming only 269 watts!
    Total rubbish my friend i have the viparspectra 900w roughly 400w draw from the wall it will grow decent buds but no where near as much as 600w hps yield wise.
    The quality will better under the led imo i also think my prakasa 300w cob does a better job than the vipar spectra with the same quality.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (14-10-17), M_C (15-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Thanks guys you just saved me wasting my time and money, any recommendations on a light for my size of room for 3 maybe 4 plants for around £200, cheers for now G'.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

kbag (15-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

Yes mate a have a look here might give you a idea ebay item number:322555842472 this set will give options from running a 250w hps upto a 600w and under your £200 budget. The parabolic shade would be my choice really depends on how you can control the heat for the choice of shade. Out of the Bulbs i would go for the lumatek but tbh i am a fan of the sunmaster dual spec but that option is not there.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

G' (15-10-17)