Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lights for my loft build?

Thanks

Default Lights for my loft build?

Hey up, been a while since I was on here, seems years since I did my last grow which was a stealth pc case set up.

Anyway, I moved house and I've been fitting out my loft for a little project area, I was up there last night with a tape measure and I've decided to build a small room within the loft which will be 1600mm (length) x 1600mm (width) x 1200mm (high on the sides) but this will raise to about 1800mm in the middle as I'm going to do a pitch roofed bit to match the roof of my loft.
    What lights do you think I could get away with in there? Are LED's the way to go for temps and quality of spectrum? I've got a couple of 125W cfl's somewhere I could maybe use as well but I'd rather try and get it right first time. I've seen that LED lights can vary quite dramatically in price from cheap £50 units to a few hundred pounds, too many choices lol.

Planning on a 4" inline extractor fan for the carbon filter plus a few pc fans on a thermostat to bring on fresh, cold air if required.

Workable?

Gonna probably be playing it safe with Northern Lights and a bit of training for my first go
    Let's get it on!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beezerk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-10-17), MonsterEnergy (19-10-17)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

in that size space 1.6x1.6x1.8 i would be using at least a 600w light,
    cheap leds aren't worth it matey, it's buy a decent setup first time, or buy cheap and buy twice,

either lighting system won't be cooled by 4'' extractor imo, 5'' minimum - 6'' preferred,
    but i am unsure if that whole space is used or if you intend a single plant grow,

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-10-17), Karsa (20-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,033 Times

I'd go with 1 315w cdm light 👍

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to locky_7 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-10-17)

farmguy Guest

I would say use a digi 600w light but i would get a 6" l1 extraction kit for that space maybe use the 4" for intake if u need it

Atb

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to farmguy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-10-17), Karsa (20-10-17)

Thanks

Thanks for the replies, regarding height, I was going to utilise the extra 0.6M angled headroom for housing the grow light, filter etc, I reckon the actual height the plants could grow is 1.2M which obviously isn't huge.
    I don't really want to go huge with the wattage, the missus will have my spuds in the fridge door if the leccy meter starts going bananas I was hoping 300w or 400w would suffice.
    Good point about the larger extraction, I can go larger no problem.
    Contemplating maybe 4 plants in there (I'll know better once it's built and I can get a feel for the dimensions) but I don't want to crowd the place out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Beezerk For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (19-10-17)

Thanks

Sounds good buddy would love to see some pics when you get started

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    [

Plant the seeds,
    Grow the seeds,
    Mow the seeds,
    Blow the WEED.

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

4 plants, you could get away with a 400w ballast/lighting probably,
    leds definitely run cheaper per kw/h but cost more initially,

either way it's a step in the right direction

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

For all the extra running cost a 600 watt is what a would use u would double your yeild from a 400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

British green (21-10-17), Fieldy (20-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,994 Times

Are you insulating the room mate lofts are notorious for being at the mercy of outside temps you might need the HID lights to keep the heat up or you will spend money heating the space up anyways with heaters that energy could have been used on more light which gives you heat as well... Just something to think about man

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

Twisted (21-10-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scoobywho View Post
    Are you insulating the room mate lofts are notorious for being at the mercy of outside temps you might need the HID lights to keep the heat up or you will spend money heating the space up anyways with heaters that energy could have been used on more light which gives you heat as well... Just something to think about man

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Good point mate, I was actually considering having a small heater in there on another thermostat for when the lights are off and it's cold outside.
    I have insulated between the rafters and put reflective bubble wrap on top of that but I won't know how cosy it is until the weather really gets cold. It really is trial and error at the minute with what I'll need but I hope I've done my best to make the initial grow room as temp consistent as possible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast