Thread: Loft grow setup questions

GMOGreen Guest

Default Loft grow setup questions

So a couple days ago I found out that a previous tenant had grown in the loft and has pretty much done the hard work of boarding the floor and drilling a hole in the chimney breast for a vent.

So I'll be looking for some upgrade advice over the coming weeks.

The 180cm high area is 180 wide x250 deep. If I lose height I gain width

So first questions...

1. What would be more cost effective in the UK, prebuilt tent (probably won't optimise use of space but can be moved as it's a rental property) or a custom built box that I can build during this grow and make use of all the functional space but would need to be completely destroyed if and when I move out?

I don't plan to grow more than maybe 6 plants up there as I can still use my growdrobes to veg in

2. Would it be better to have a larger area with space that won't be used or the right size for the planned amount ie would it be easier to keep stable temp and humidity in a larger space?

3. Would it be better/cheaper to have one large space to control atmosphere of or maybe 2 smaller ones with more equipment

TIA

Keep it green

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,313 Times

I'd get 1 of these

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

GMOGreen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf454 View Post
    I'd get 1 of these

I took a look at tents and the cost of materials.

I think I'm gonna go custom built. Then atleast I know all the strong/weak points, how to repair any issues and as it's going to be a slow project it should keep me busy for a few evenings each week.

I'm percuring most of my materials from work atm and reclaiming wood and fixings.

From doing it this way my all in cost shouldn't run much higher than about 70 quid to get it finished before equipment goes in rather than the 200+ quid on a prefab tent.

Thanks for your input tho

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,313 Times

But what happens when you've built it and then realise you can't control temp or RH easily and have to spend more money on sorting it out ?

Just a thought ✌

GMOGreen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf454 View Post
    But what happens when you've built it and then realise you can't control temp or RH easily and have to spend more money on sorting it out ?

Just a thought ✌

Isn't that senario completely possible even in a tent.

I'm gonna slowly compile a list of equipment and do some actual maths.

I plan to be over powered on extraction (8"l1), intake (4" ram) and fans.

Running majority Led (tbc) with hps providing heat suppliment and covering the in between areas of led

That's the current idea anyway, will evolve I'm sure but I can't see temp and rh being a separate issue for builds and not tents