Thread: Just the gist of it! From seed to harvest

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

Default Just the gist of it! From seed to harvest

This isn’t anything concrete and id love if you guys could help
    This is just a combination of information I’ve managed to scrap together from a bunch of sources of which there is a an enormous quantity, ive the headaches to prove it, as the title says this is just the gist of it please correct me and feel free to add guys.

Substrate is soil and its aimed at autoflowering

Nutrients due to having went and bought powdered nutrients ive decided to stick to the following;
    From seed to week 3 or 4 just Ph adjusted water since potting soil is already amended
    Pre flowering its recommended to give 1/8th -1/2 of the recommended dose, since during the vegging state the plant uses up a lot of NPK
    Flowering change up the nute solution to that has more of the P and K values, Phosphorus is essential for the flower apparently, This will be the biobloom schedule
    Secondary nutes such as magnesium, sulphur and calcium work best in the Ph range of 6.5-8.0 in soil must not let the Ph dip below 6.5 for optimum nute efficiency!

Im going the route of foliar feeding as ive heard so much in the way of bigger yields and tastier buds, again reducing the recommend manufacture dose to around 1/8th to 1/6th, Ph water to between 6.2-6.8, spraying the underside of the leaves with a fine mister from week 1 till first flowers, ideal temp of the room is 22c (72f) planning on doing this during the off light cycle due to the stomata’s closing at temp over 27c (80f), taking care not to spray on any developing flower sites and of course on the cooling bulb!!

Flushing and purging I know that this is a bit of a controversial topic and some people say it’s a waste of time since you cant possibly get the nutrients that the plant has already absorbed out of it! But I have also read that purging the soil substrate before sowing the seedling at 2-3 times deep the width of the seed is beneficial for the newly formed roots, Ph water at 5.6-6.2. Leaving at least a hand width to the top of the pot for adding extra soil to help support the new shoots.

I am also going to try having the grow room heated up with the pots inside to help with the germination process, its worked before on tree seeds ive germ’d in the past.
    Will flush soil with ph adusted water 2-3 times the volume of the pot 5 days before harvest.

The ideal temp is around 27-30c (80-85f) no less than 10c and no higher than 35c.
    Is it true that plants can stunt their growth with a temp flux of 10 degrees either way???

Humidity during preflowering at 40-70% and during flowering 20-40%

Lights, using one 400w HPS from start to finish I know its not ideal but its what I have and it can be done so ive been told, im going to start plants under a 18/6 cycle until the last 10 days being 24/24 then a day in complete darkness before harvest, ive read that this can give the plant a boost by giving it time to prepare for harvesting.

Lighting during sprouting will be kept off till first shoot then will start at 19 inches high then adusting to 12 inches using the back of the hand heat test to be sure it isn’t going to burn the first leaves, adust to 14 inches after 4/5 node to help reduce the stretching problem with growing under HPS instead of CFL or MH, again using the back of the hand and having a fan blowing across the canopy between the light and tops and checking the ideal temp and humidity.

That’s all folks, sorry for the eye strain and again if theres anything ive missed out do tell.

Puff puff pass

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-17), JB (23-10-17), Twisted (23-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,845 Times

That's a lot of information lol where to start firstly what soil you planning on growing in? Most canna specific soils will have enough nutrients in them for about 3-4weeks and your doing autos so probably won't need grow nutes, you should start auto flowers in final pots people normally go between 10-15 litre, I take it your growing organically if so no need to adjust the ph of the water the soil will do it for you. is your 400w a duel spec bulb of it is then that will see you good all the way through, and lastly not a lot of people on here do the 24 hour darkness before chop I've never tried it but apparently it's a load of shait.

Get yourself a diary up and running when you pop your seeds is the best thing you could do and plenty of people will chip in and c you right 😆

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Twisted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-17), lipnobody (23-10-17), MonsterEnergy (23-10-17)

Thanks

i should write up what my gear is should i lol will do an edit now, thanks twisted

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-17)

Thanks

substrate is gold label special mix with virgin peat substrate, will be aerating with a 15-20% perlite mix
    5x northern lights white label seed co as a first run will see how many germ and sprout
    rhizo 16lt 3.3 gal fabric smart pots
    400w HPS full spec light not sure how many hours its been but hoping it will last this grow till I've the fundage for a new bulb
    tent is a 1x1x2 hortil ab
    running a 10cm extractor thu a carbon filter, extractors boxed in with cardboard and newspaper to reduce noise.
    all of the gear was 2nd hand and yes I've scrubbed down everything.
    and the blasted greenhouse feeds powdered notes biogrow and bio bloom, (mistake learnt will go with the biobizz liquid notes next grow)

will get a grow dirary written up shortly once these girls have sprouted

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-17), Twisted (23-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,845 Times

Quote Originally Posted by lipnobody View Post
    substrate is gold label special mix with virgin peat substrate, will be aerating with a 15-20% perlite mix
    5x northern lights white label seed co as a first run will see how many germ and sprout
    rhizo 16lt 3.3 gal fabric smart pots
    400w HPS full spec light not sure how many hours its been but hoping it will last this grow till I've the fundage for a new bulb
    tent is a 1x1x2 hortil ab
    running a 10cm extractor thu a carbon filter, extractors boxed in with cardboard and newspaper to reduce noise.
    all of the gear was 2nd hand and yes I've scrubbed down everything.
    and the blasted greenhouse feeds powdered notes biogrow and bio bloom, (mistake learnt will go with the biobizz liquid notes next grow)

will get a grow dirary written up shortly once these girls have sprouted
    Not sure of the soil but what u need to do is scrap what the recommended dosage is on the bottle in most cases it's to much just got to read the plant and take it from there but as u said your going to get a diary up so the people of the talk shall see u right. If you ain't bought nutrients yet then I would suggest going to the plant magic nutrients as a lot of people rate it and so do I. Do u mean 10inch extractor and carbon filter? And if you bought them second hand just be careful the carbon filter ain't been used up.

Here's a list of what I use if it helps

Plant magic root stim
    Plant magic biosilicone
    Plant magic magne-cal
    Plant magic grow and bloom
    Plant magic pk4/8
    That will see you through the whole grow hope it helps 😆

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Twisted For This Useful Post:

lipnobody (23-10-17)

Thanks

yeah I've figured that id need to read the plant first and see whats she's tell me for, ill play it safe this time round for the first go and hopefully ill get something to show for my efforts please ganja gods please.
    going to have a ceremonial smoke out tomorrow for the seed planting