Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Organic Nutrient and Amendment recipes

Hobbit Guest

Holy shite your right mate had to go look up ny organic NPK charts. Didnt realize it was that high. Noticed while i was there banana stalk ash is 49.6 in K. Woop woop I am harvesting a bunch this week, I know where that stalk is going now. Wonder though if by stalk they mean stem or if its the flower stalk they refer to. Also mine cost me about $1 p/ltr as i used raw sugar not mollases and my sea weed is free.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-11-17), jake420 (06-11-17), Trex (29-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

A quick and easy off the shelf recipe for those looking to keep things simple.

(Based on an autoflower cycle)

Soil - Plant magic soil supreme. This consists of sphagnum peat, fytocell foam and pre fertilised organic root stimulant. The fytocell foam will retain moisture, provide aeration and is 100% bio degradable. The pre fertilised organic root stimulant within this mix is extract from decomposed plant material and animal remains and provides a great food source for beneficial fungi and microorganisms.

Substitutes - Canna Terra Professional plus, Canna Terra Professional, Bio Bizz Light Mix

Frass - Ecothrive Charge. N-P-K 3,2,3. This is a soil conditioner and bio stimulant to be mixed into your soil mix one week before potting on. This is composed from the dropping's of beetles fed on a strict diet of organic carrots and wheat bran and contains a wide range of macro and micro elements plus a multitude of beneficial microorganisms. There are 450 million colony forming units of rhizospere bacteria per one gram of charge, these vastly improve nutrient cycling and availability when growing organically. This also contains derivatives of chiten which is a found in the cell walls of insects. The chitinous derivatives are able to elevate the plants resistance to pests and disease.

Charge to soil ratio -

Autos, Clones, seedlings - 2.5ml per one litre of soil
    Mature established plants - 5ml per one litre of soil

Top dress ratio -

10-20ml per 10 litre pot

Compost tea supplement -

1g per litre of brewing water

Substitutes - Bio Bizz Worm Humus

Clay Pebbles
    - Canna Aqua. These are added into the bottom third of the pot for drainage and must be fully washed through before adding to your soil mix.

Mix Rate -

2 Handfulls per pot

Substitutes - Any generic hydroponic pebbles

Perlite - Root it. This is to be added into the mix to allow better drainage and aeration at the roots.

Mix Rate -

30-40%

Substitutes - Any clean horticulture perlite

Michorrizae - Plant Success Great White. Used for optimum colonisation of the root system via fungi. This contains 16 species of micorrhizal fungi, 14 species of beneficial bacteria, plus 2 species of trichderma. As with any organic growing you need to be sure your feed water is dechlorinated before use for optimum results.

Mix ratio -

Light dusting in the top third of the pot and around the potting/seed hole

Substitutes - Root Grow Fungi, Mykos Pure, Reggae Roots

Mix Instructions -

To be mixed one week prior to use

. Wash and rinse clay pebbles
    . Lay out your soil and mix in the ecothrive charge to the rate listed above
    . Followed by the perlite
    . Be sure to thin out and clumps within the mix
    . Apply soil to the bottom third of the pot
    . Add in two handfuls of clay pebbles
    . Mix throughly
    . Add in more soil until your pot is three quarters full
    . Lightly dust with the michorrizae of your choice
    . Add in more soil to top up your pots to a finish
    . Pop in your seed and your good to go

Nutrient Recommendations -

Canna Bio Range - Canna Bio Vega, Canna Bio Flores
    Plant Magic Oldtimers Pk 4/8
    Plant Magic Bio Silicon
    Plant Magic Catalyst (optional)

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

dynamite2144 (28-10-18), eightleggeddj (11-11-17), ERBURT (06-11-17), GanjaaGoggles (27-10-17), GEORGE (05-11-17), ggotch (28-10-17), jake420 (06-11-17), joker_the_smoker (27-10-17), Karsa (28-10-17), MR B-loom (28-10-17), redisiel (05-11-17), toblue (05-11-17), Trex (27-10-17)

Hobbit Guest

Tip top Blue, just a couple of questions mate is that charge a liquid, I was under the impression it was a solid. Also when you say 2 handfuls of pebbles per pot im guessing thats an 18 ltr pot. Tops recipe this is I hav a plant growing in a mix with this recipe ( which i stole from your diary) I have substituted the charge for vermicast and a different soil and the plant to date is the most advanced seedling ive ever grown. Cheers mate.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Blue (28-10-17), GEORGE (05-11-17), jake420 (06-11-17), MR B-loom (28-10-17), Trex (29-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Tip top Blue, just a couple of questions mate is that charge a liquid, I was under the impression it was a solid. Also when you say 2 handfuls of pebbles per pot im guessing thats an 18 ltr pot. Tops recipe this is I hav a plant growing in a mix with this recipe ( which i stole from your diary) I have substituted the charge for vermicast and a different soil and the plant to date is the most advanced seedling ive ever grown. Cheers mate.
    Hey Hobbit

The charge is powdered form and comes with its own mixing scoop which is labelled to ensure you mix correctly. The pebbles are down to personal preference tbh. Ive applied two handfuls to my 18L pots and Ive also recently applied two handfuls to my 10L pots with no issue and the same results. Anything below 10L I'd consider just adding in one handful in the bottom layer.

Good to here the mix is serving you well so far. Ive now opted for the addition of coco in there also but that's still being tested out at the moment.
    Last edited by Blue; 28-10-17 at 11:57 AM.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-11-17), jake420 (06-11-17), MR B-loom (31-10-17), Trex (29-10-17)

farmshop Guest

Not sure of it being a recipe but I've used willow Tree branches cut up in to inch chunks, poured water on them in a bucket. Let them sit for 24 hours and used it for a rooting aid.
    Having a browse on the net it's to do with the Indolebutyric acid.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to farmshop For This Useful Post:

Blue (31-10-17), GEORGE (05-11-17), jake420 (06-11-17), MR B-loom (31-10-17), Trex (31-10-17)

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by farmshop View Post
    Not sure of it being a recipe but I've used willow Tree branches cut up in to inch chunks, poured water on them in a bucket. Let them sit for 24 hours and used it for a rooting aid.
    Sounds like a recipe to me mate, thanks for your input buddy.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-11-17), jake420 (06-11-17), MR B-loom (31-10-17)

Hobbit Guest

Ive heard of willow as a rooting agent too mate, never knew it was too do with Indolebutyric acid, but if memory serves thats the same acid as commercial rooting gels, dont quote me though.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-11-17), jake420 (06-11-17)

farmshop Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Ive heard of willow as a rooting agent too mate, never knew it was too do with Indolebutyric acid, but if memory serves thats the same acid as commercial rooting gels, dont quote me though.
    Years ago we planted a load of willows on my mates farm and we just stuck a length of tree in the ground. We used it on his canna and it worked a treat.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to farmshop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-11-17), jake420 (06-11-17)

farmshop Guest

Yep clonex has it in.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to farmshop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-11-17), jake420 (06-11-17), Trex (31-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Yep clonex has it in.
    Farm , seaweed , does the same bro , Mix a full strenght batch , dip the cut in , put in rockwool 😉 for 1/10 the price .

Organic Grow Journal
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=163164

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-11-17), jake420 (06-11-17), toblue (05-11-17)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast