Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wet trim vs dry trim

Thanks

Wet trim as soon as you chop, freezeable trim for hash, and the rest dries right out quickly and easily for oils/wax etc, that needs to be superdry...also wet trimming is way easier and quicker IMHO - but what do I know...I dont hink theres much in it, the curing and drying are far more important IMHO again.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daddyO For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-10-17), ggotch (30-10-17), Ginger-bud (25-10-17), toblue (25-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

I trim wet. I've tried dry trimming before but found it to be more fiddly
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (25-10-17), GEORGE (29-10-17), ggotch (26-10-17), Ginger-bud (25-10-17), toblue (25-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    can achieve good results from a silkscreen etc,can get the meshes at art shops n whatnot.

i trim wet as i havent the patience to wait till its dry enough,plus obviously it takes longer to dry if covered in foliage n then more chance of mold.

i leave de-stalking till dry though,i can get in quite a mess if doing that bit wet
    Defo no more chance of mold cause leaves cover the bud
    Guys dry this way for years tons of plants from out door seasons are dry like this I think imo it better way drying n curing keeps all the terps n flavours better imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (25-10-17), Blue (25-10-17), GEORGE (29-10-17), ggotch (26-10-17), Ginger-bud (25-10-17), M_C (25-10-17), toblue (25-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Ive dry trimmed now for the past four grows as it was recommended to me by Loki. I doubt il ever do another wet trim again. The smells and terps from a slow dry followed by a dry trim are much better. Yes it can be fiddly to trim after if your looking for very neat buds but the better smells and taste before a cure make it worthwhile.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (25-10-17), GEORGE (29-10-17), ggotch (26-10-17), Ginger-bud (25-10-17), Loki (25-10-17), M_C (25-10-17), toblue (25-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

I like to pull the large fans off then hang.

After around six days I snip the buds from the stem and place into paper bags,hang them up.

Shake the bags about a bit over a few days.

By the time its ready for curing,nice bit of shake in the bottom of the bag and no trimming need to be done

Ruined a lot of bud over the years not taking enough care of it,but this is the best way I find and so much quicker.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Blue (25-10-17), GEORGE (29-10-17), ggotch (26-10-17), Ginger-bud (25-10-17), Karsa (25-10-17), Loki (25-10-17), M_C (25-10-17), toblue (25-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

I have just cut 2 plants tonight (Black Sugar Rose and Humboldts Black DOG) to be truthgfull it as taken me as long to pull the big leaves as it wouldhave to wet trim them so I hope the rest of the dry trim don't take to long.
    I didn't use scissors just pulled every leaf that would pull, which was most of them apart from the real sugar leaves. The plants had been taken a long time past their due date and flushed for 10 days in CoCo so they were well ready and the leaves came away easily.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

12. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,845 Times

I have never dry trimmed before but I'm going to try it on my white widow and c what all the fuss is about 😆

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twisted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-10-17), ggotch (26-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

Quote Originally Posted by FACE View Post
    Defo no more chance of mold cause leaves cover the bud
    Guys dry this way for years tons of plants from out door seasons are dry like this I think imo it better way drying n curing keeps all the terps n flavours better imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i got mold on my first untrimmed try n never tried again,id certainly try it again someday but no choice personally due to my enviroment,i either get dry soon as i can,bout a week,or i have to vacbag n freeze till humdity comes to a better level outside.

outside is 12-15mm away and ive learned that a dehumidfier,here, is a waste of time,im just dehumidifying the "world" theres just so many fresh air access points in here ,when its windy out its like living in a large whistle somedays.

its all down to circumstances/enviroment where you are,just do what works for you.luckily i only do organic so its mostly always top taste n hit.

well,for a 60yr old ex-smoker/alcoholic/curry face it is

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-10-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2