Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1st grow. Coco. Help needed and info

Thanks

Default 1st grow. Coco. Help needed and info

Hi there. The time has come for me to start my own grow. I have a cupboard that I'm hoping to out a tent in. I havnt got the exact measurements, 1.5×600×2.0 roughly, I'm confident a tent will fit. Again not sure if I will use a 400hps or 600hps.

What I'm looking for is a full kit including 2 fans ( intake and exhaust )
    Or if cheaper buying it all seperate.

I am wanting to use coco as a medium.
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a 1st time coco grow 3-4 plants.
    Is my space big enough for 4?

This is my 1st grow so wanting it all thought out and everything there before I begin.

Thank you all

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

i run 4 plants in a 1.2 x 1.2 tent and fill it wall to wall with buds.
    600w light will see you good. with a 6inch L1 RVK fan and a rhino pro carbon filter
    either run passive intake(no fan) or / 5inch A1 rvk fan, dont buy these kits you see on ebay they shite better buy separate mate.
    ballast, get your self a digi dimmable 600w ballast, either omega, lumatak, lumii.

canna coco pro for medium, nutes for veg canna coco AB, Rhizotonic, liquid silicon by buddhas tree, bottle of calmag, PH up and down.

also you will need PH an EC meter, either essentials or bluelabs brand are the best, avoid the cheap 10quid Chinese shite.

get your self 10 or 15ltr airpots

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-And-Nutrients have good read through this link and have browse through the stickys on coco
    homework is important on your 1st grow.

and dont forget the start a diary i will tag along bro
    Last edited by joker_the_smoker; 25-10-17 at 09:23 AM.

Thanks

Thanks joker. Some good info there. Not sure is 600w will be too hot as I will only half around half the depth of your tent. Il get exact measurements tonight and see what's what.
    I still need to read some more before I jump in as I want it to go well.
    I will be keeping a diary, if at the very least it will keep me right.
    Thanks again mate

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dude1 For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (25-10-17)

Thanks

That's a really small space to grow 600 wide is tiny will need a 600hps to throw to edges of 1.5 length will get super hot in there will need a bloody good extraction fan that help keep temps down, 4 plants in 25ltr pots would fit but you wouldn't want to veg for long , tip them 2 or 3 times early in on the piece and get them bushing out early with 6 or 8 branches then flip them is what ide be doing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dude1 View Post
    Thanks joker. Some good info there. Not sure is 600w will be too hot as I will only half around half the depth of your tent. Il get exact measurements tonight and see what's what.
    I still need to read some more before I jump in as I want it to go well.
    I will be keeping a diary, if at the very least it will keep me right.
    Thanks again mate
    i may have mis read that but i seen it as 2.0 height? but bang sum pics up an lets see what we workin with. the digi ballast will see you good either way as it give you choice on bulbs bro

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Taylor View Post
    That's a really small space to grow 600 wide is tiny will need a 600hps to throw to edges of 1.5 length will get super hot in there will need a bloody good extraction fan that help keep temps down, 4 plants in 25ltr pots would fit but you wouldn't want to veg for long , tip them 2 or 3 times early in on the piece and get them bushing out early with 6 or 8 branches then flip them is what ide be doing
    if you not veggin long than 25ltr would be a waste of time tbh. if you gona do quick veg 10 litre or 15litre pots would be more suited

8. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Mick Taylor (25-10-17)

Thanks

I agree but 2 or 3 weeks veg should root out a 25ltr pot and wouldn't a 10 ltr pot require watering more than once a day when going threw its growth spirt for first 3 weeks flower? And wouldn't such a small pot also reduce yield?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mick Taylor For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (25-10-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Taylor View Post
    I agree but 2 or 3 weeks veg should root out a 25ltr pot and wouldn't a 10 ltr pot require watering more than once a day when going threw its growth spirt for first 3 weeks? And wouldn't such a small pot also reduce yield?
    2 or 3 week veg root out a 25ltr pot, unlikely that mate. and if you use airpots they dont get root bound i have used 10litre and 15litre pots in my 1.2 x 1.2 and aint seen a huge difference, and i only needed to feed once a day without them goin bone dry.the amount of feed you use may increase slightly..
    we all know the saying bigger root bigger fruits etc. but you wont fill a 15litre pot in 3 week veg period like you will with a 25litre.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

A don't even use a 25 litre pot growing large plants I mostly flower in with 4 litres or 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

Thanks

So guys the space is a little smaller than I thought. 1.5m length 500cm depth and 2.0m high. What power of light would suit? I can use 1 fan to suck in cool air from outside and obviously an exhaust fan up top. Would like the most powerful light but not sure if 600w would be to hot to try and keep the room at a good temp. And not sure if 3-4 plants in a row will all get good light. Don't mind trying to top them to get a bushier grow. Don't want to scrog on my 1st go.
    Will also need a check list of everything I need. Even what pots as i want to be super prepared.
    Thanks all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast