Thread: Help! Noob tries Loft space design (growdrobe upgrade)

GMOGreen Guest

Default Help! Noob tries Loft space design (growdrobe upgrade)

Hello and welcome.

So I'm currently running a 2x3 growdrobe and fairly recently discovered my loft is pre fab for a grow space.

I've finished the insulation and covered with weatherproof sheet. Now I've knocked up a wall and kind of set out the area (I'm sure I'll shuffle again before it's finished). I've then layered heavy rubber sheet over from peak of the roof over my wall and skirted the floor as a 2nd light barrier.

So the area I have ear marked is 7x9 with a side room 3x3

I've made a lil sketch I'm no artist!

The idea would be to run 3 batches of 3 plants in a perpetual rotation

Solid lines are the grow space

The dotted line inside is where I thought I could maybe section the internal areas if I needed different light periods

And the dotted line outside is extra loft space I've saved so any pumps or fans or rez can be kept out of the heat.

Not 100% if I'm going to run full led or a led of led and hps to control temp. Planning dwc/nft winter and coco summer?

Get at me with any hints or tips

Thanks already

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-10-17)

Thanks

Mate

I grow in the loft and the best thing to do is get full rotation, clones vegging, mother strains, and flower tent. The flower tent is the one you want to pay the attention to.

I've found that if your in and out take can get to negetive pressure in the flower area this works best for most conditions. 6inch out 4inch in and try to switch to air from outside to inside for the colder months this will keep temps up in winter and cool in summer. Also get a decent fan controller this will be the key to getting the right temps in there.

I would also run nft or dwc and heat the water in the colder months to keep the plants warm it seems to work for me.

Hope this helps

Happy growing

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-10-17), MonsterEnergy (26-10-17)

GMOGreen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WWBB View Post
    Mate

I grow in the loft and the best thing to do is get full rotation, clones vegging, mother strains, and flower tent. The flower tent is the one you want to pay the attention to.

I've found that if your in and out take can get to negetive pressure in the flower area this works best for most conditions. 6inch out 4inch in and try to switch to air from outside to inside for the colder months this will keep temps up in winter and cool in summer. Also get a decent fan controller this will be the key to getting the right temps in there.

I would also run nft or dwc and heat the water in the colder months to keep the plants warm it seems to work for me.

Hope this helps

Happy growing
    So you think 3 separate areas rather than one larger that I can segment? The idea was to run different strains every batch so the mother and clones doesn't really work for me till I find the gene pool I like. At which point I guess the veg box would do?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-10-17)

Thanks

Ok, so I use three separate boxes which gives the space for clones in veg and three mothers, your right you only need this when you find a the strains you like but I've found I like them all lol.

Veg box will be fine for your plans and when you want to keep some mums keep them bonsai so you don't need massive light and you can get three in a small area.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-10-17)

GMOGreen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WWBB View Post
    Ok, so I use three separate boxes which gives the space for clones in veg and three mothers, your right you only need this when you find a the strains you like but I've found I like them all lol.

Veg box will be fine for your plans and when you want to keep some mums keep them bonsai so you don't need massive light and you can get three in a small area.
    Ahh sweet. I get ya. It's going to be a slow process as I wanna do it right and there isn't really a rush as I'm running small atm.

Thanks for the advise

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-10-17)