Thread: Nutrient Lockout

Curveball Champion!
    Thanks

Default Nutrient Lockout

I'm current growing 5 plant in CoCo but have experienced nutrient Lockout during the flowing stage. This is entirely my own fault as my last PH pen broke and I just didn't bother this time around. I do have a new one today and I am looking to fix the problem.

I'm just not too sure the best way to continue. They are taking several days to dry out, all branches have gone weak and leads are startingn to curl and are. It's not looking good.

Having mixed together what I normally do and tested the PH level, it was only 5.8. So I can safely assume it was way to low all the way through. Does this mean I can just up the PH to a higher level and it will sort itself out? Or will I need to flush them first which I have also read?

The thing I'm worried about it that I can't get this wrong and have to wait several days for them to dry out and try again as I'm starting to worry about root rot. So I don't want to do it and get it wrong or test any run of yet without knowing what the best thing to do is.

Help anyone? 🙁

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

give em a good leaching out bach........with p`d water then resume the feeding next watering.............rule to thumb imo is if they aint supping they aint growing

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (26-10-17), Greengrass (27-10-17), M_C (27-10-17), Novice (27-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

5.8 ph is where you want to be so no problems there.

If the coco is taking ages to dry out and the plants look like they are deteriorating then sounds like a possible root problem.Take a look and a sniff??

Like capt says best thing to do if your not sure whats going on in the coco is to flush her through.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (27-10-17), M_C (27-10-17), Novice (27-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

taking several days to dry out sounds crazy in coco, how old are they and what size pots?
    any photos?
    you should flushed when your ph fucked up , need to have more info buddy
    when your ph fucked up do you have any idea how low it got?
    if i help drop a THANKS its free

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

M_C (27-10-17), Novice (27-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

im guessing its rooted out and filled the pots as its in mid bloom....or should have ? failling this its gonna be a struggle bach !!! im awful intoxicated rite now atb.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (27-10-17), M_C (27-10-17), Novice (27-10-17)

Curveball Champion!
    Thanks

Sorry I gave a bit of false info. went away, gave it just plain ph'd water. The earlier PH reading was wrong, didn't calibrate my new pen... So it was 7.8. Maybe it's only got that high when I changed Nute's in flower and that's why the problems are just occurring over the past few weeks.

I got the water down to 5.6. They are in 10L pots and I gave 3l each which allowed a fair bit of run off. Tested the run off on two plants. One was 5.2ph and 651ppm and the other was 5.4 ph and 283ppm.

Hope this extra details help
    Last edited by Novice; 27-10-17 at 12:23 AM.

Thanks

Whats the ec/ppm of your water?

What nutes are you using?What ratio to how many litres ?.How much do you feed each day?

Are you using cal/mag?

Ideally you want the ec/ph running out to be pretty close to whats going in.

Those ppms are low either way,sounds like underfeeding maybe?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Novice (27-10-17)

Curveball Champion!
    Thanks

I had some of the plain water I used yesterday left over just tested and it cam in at 116ppm. The run off ppm yesterday was at 651PPMx10 and the other 283PPMx10. Second plant is in a worst condition.

I was feeding 3L water every 3 days. This gave them just enougth time to get the top layer to dry out. In that I was adding Canna A+B at recommended amount which is 0.4ml per litre, cal mag half strength at 0.5Ml per litre, Bcuzz CoCo Bloom simulator at recommended amount at 1ml per litre, Atami Boombastic at half strength of 0.5ml per litre.

Thanks

0.4 ml per litre is not cannas recommended amount.

You should be giving between 2 to 3ml per litre of canna plus the extras you have.

If you have been feeding this ratio all the way through then this is your problem.
    It may be too late to bring them back to full health as the building blocks to a good plant are created whilst it is vegging.
    Get them well fed in veg before even contemplating flower.

Also coco is different to soil,it should never dry out.You cant overwater coco (within reason if doing everything right).

Once a plant is well established you should be watering with feed every single day.Do it slowly with run off,Making sure every bit of the coco is wet.
    Letting the coco get too dry creates "hotspots" in the coco and messes with the ph and ec.

Any pics as they can help a lot.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (27-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

pics buddy, do you notice and nasty smells coming from the pot of the worst effected?