Thread: Harvest approaches, panic ensues!

Thanks

Default Harvest approaches, panic ensues!

So I am a couple of weeks away from harvest and I’m after some advice.
    I work away from home for 4 day then home for 4. I’ll need to harvest and dry the best I can in my 4days at home. What is my best approach? After the 4days I may be able to get the missus to open the jars once or twice a day while I’m away. Not guaranteed though as she’s ill. Hence the grow. Medicine.
    I was hoping to dry initially in my grow room. Light off but heater thermostatically controlled. Either hung or brown paper bags. Could they stay like that for 8days? Till I’m back.
    So yeah, basically any advice welcomed.
    4 plants by the way.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Incognitto For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-11-17), MonsterEnergy (29-10-17), SmobyToker#1 (01-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,525 Times

Chop them befor ye go,hang them up.$ days should do it,then when ye get back trim,throw them in jars and get ye missus to open them every day if she is well enough.Should be ok.
    I saw the rain-dirty valley
    You saw Brigadoon

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to skippy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-11-17), Greengrass (29-10-17), Incognitto (29-10-17), joker_the_smoker (29-10-17), MonsterEnergy (29-10-17), M_C (31-10-17)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

cut em, trim them, hang them in a dark well ventilated area until you can snap the branch, not bend but snap, for me that's easily 8/14 days hangin
    jar em up and burp them as often as you can at the start, after a few weeks of this you only need to burp em seldomly,

shouldn't be hard, as you have said yourself ya missus can open the jars for ya even if it's only once a day at the start,
    nice lookin girls matey, i hope the meds help

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-11-17), Greengrass (29-10-17), Incognitto (29-10-17), joker_the_smoker (29-10-17)

Thanks

Default Harvest approaches, panic ensues!

Thanks for the replies. Do you think my groom will be suitable as a dry room? I was thinking of setting the temperature at 20degs C, obviously lights out. Filter and extraction fan on low, passive intake (maybe except when blowing warm air in?) it’s basically the set up I have for growing but without the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Incognitto For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Incognitto View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Do you think my groom will be suitable as a dry room? I was thinking of setting the temperature at 20degs C, obviously lights out. Filter and extraction fan on low, passive intake (maybe except when blowing warm air in?) it’s basically the set up I have for growing but without the light.

Yes mate will be ok. I use my tent to hang an dry my bud. Remove light an ya good to go

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-11-17), Incognitto (29-10-17), Karsa (30-10-17)

Thanks

Yeah cut them, trim fan leaves and bigger sugar leaves then hang for the 4 days you are away, when you get back 4 days of trimming then leave to dry the 4 days your away again

12. The Following User Says Thank You to swansneck For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

You really need to be able to open the jars a few times a day tho
    Or you risk mould leaving it 4 days.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-11-17)