Thread: Auto Flower Too Much Light?

Thanks

Default Auto Flower Too Much Light?

Hey all,

Can I give an auto flower seedling too much light?

Am growing a Royal Queen Seed's - Quick One. Temperature is maintained ca. 26 degC and humidity 60-70%-rel. Am currently experimenting with a warm-white 50W LED lamp (not a grow lamp but an outdoor floodlight). I have two different questions:

First: Using a lux-meter I am reading 80,000 lux at the level of the canopy.

1 - A few of the leaves have curled upwards slightly at the edges. Could this be a sign of light-fatigue

2 - The plat is very short but is showing promising side-ways growth (i.e. little stretching). I would interpret this as a sign that there is not a lack of light. However, I am worried that growing at this rate will produce a super compact plant. Is this growth typical of too much light?

Thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Hi mate, welcome along

Sounds like heat stress, rather than 'light fatigue' - light toxicity will bleach the plants rather than make the leaves 'canoe'
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Blue (30-10-17), joker_the_smoker (30-10-17), Karsa (30-10-17), scoobywho (30-10-17), Vorney (30-10-17)

Thanks

Yes, 'canoeing' is how I would describe it. Just moved the light farther away and will endeavour to keep temp in better check.
    Nice one

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vorney For This Useful Post:

M_C (30-10-17), scoobywho (30-10-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Check your temps at canopy height mate, also, have you got fan in the grow room to keep the air moving?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

bigbudsdontlie (30-10-17), Cont3 (30-10-17), scoobywho (30-10-17)

Thanks

actually came here for the same question. thanks, i will keep the light further away.