Thread: Use of de-humidifier

Thanks

Question Use of de-humidifier

I did a test dry in a closed under-stairs cupboard that I can't vent air in/out of. I used a drying net. After 7 days the buds appear to be developing mould and the space smelt of hay rather than bud. I think the space doesn't have enough air exchange and I can't leave the door open hence my buds turning to silage.

I don't have any where else to dry. I've ditched the drying net and will be hanging trimmed branches to dry and I'm going to use a de-humidifier. I will set the humidity level at 65% and I believe the ambient temp in the cupboard is about 18ºC. I understand the downsides of speed drying MJ.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1335.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	352577

Here's the question: Has anyone had experience of using a de-humidifier in an enclosed space for drying? Thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to annoyingmouse For This Useful Post:

Elias (04-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,838 Times

Can’t you dry in your tent?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elias For This Useful Post:

JB (04-11-17)

Thanks

It’s an outdoor grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,708 Times

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JB For This Useful Post:

annoyingmouse (05-11-17), M_C (15-11-17), The Lost Soul (05-11-17)

Thanks

As I can’t put up a tent anywhere this will be an interesting or futile experiment: I have to harvest today for logistical reasons. Two outdoor plants will be trimmed & hung in cupboard. There will be a de-humidifier running at 55%. In addition I’ve ordered a 4 inch in-line fan hooked up to carbon scrubber. I’m hoping that this will be enough air circulation. Cupboard isn’t air tight so air will be able to flow beneath the door.

I believe at worst this will dry the crop too quickly, as my biggest concern is mould, which I’m happy to risk. Anyway I’ve got some night harvesting to start...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to annoyingmouse For This Useful Post:

The Lost Soul (05-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,968 Times

Default Use of de-humidifier

As long as you've got an in and out for your air and its not too hot then all should be well.
    Edit - and don't have the dehumidifier in that wee space cos your bud will get trashed. Have it in the room outside the cupboard and you should be sound.

Sent from my iPad using all manner of shit

Thanks

Update: So buds were harvested, wet trimmed & hung in my under-stairs cupboard. I had a small fan & the de-humidifier set to 55%. Smell wasn’t too great but still noticeable. I added another fan & carbon scrubber.

Smaller branches cut & jarred after approx. 5 days, larger branches after 7 days. Currently burping jars once a day as buds were quite small & airey and no apparent moisture on jars. Since jarring the smell when opening is much more ‘cannabisy’ & less hay. The curing in the jars in a dark, cool cupboard really does seem to be improving the buds. I imagine I’ll wait 3 weeks before doing a test vape.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

Quote Originally Posted by annoyingmouse View Post
    Update: So buds were harvested, wet trimmed & hung in my under-stairs cupboard. I had a small fan & the de-humidifier set to 55%. Smell wasn’t too great but still noticeable. I added another fan & carbon scrubber.

Smaller branches cut & jarred after approx. 5 days, larger branches after 7 days. Currently burping jars once a day as buds were quite small & airey and no apparent moisture on jars. Since jarring the smell when opening is much more ‘cannabisy’ & less hay. The curing in the jars in a dark, cool cupboard really does seem to be improving the buds. I imagine I’ll wait 3 weeks before doing a test vape.

good job mouse. must be exciting when you burp those jars.
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.