Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: smell issues, growing in a populated area so need to be very careful, any tips?

Thanks

Default smell issues, growing in a populated area so need to be very careful, any tips?

its been a while since i did a grow, in fact its in the grow diaries under ktm's tent of cheese
    at that time smell wasn't such a problem, now i have to keep it really stealth or ill be looking for a new place to rent..anyway as always ill use 8x autopots 2x 600s in a 1.2 x 2.4 tent, i plan to use a short 10" rhino pro filter with a box fan to extract and a small fan intake as i want to create negative pressure in the tent as with sides sucked in slightly i shouldn't get as much smell leakage, i'm open to suggestion on strain as i want something that gives a good smoke, good return but doesn't smell as bad as the cheeses i used to do.. as i have not grown for a few years and not kept up with latest developments i am unaware of anything that is worthwhile where keeping smell down is concerned so any help with this would be appreciated..
    one other thing to get a decent led set up to cover my 8 plants what would that cost now?
    thanks

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktm For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-17), MonsterEnergy (06-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

welcome back around mate

long as that good ole carbon filter running without any leaks i wudnt worry to much. havent come across a strain that didnt stink like hell, but get were your comin from with the cheda mate. got one goin now an it hums like wen tent door open but zero smell with spanking filter on it

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-17), ktm (06-11-17), MonsterEnergy (06-11-17)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,392 Times

if your filter is upto par and as you have said already you also have negative pressure there should be no smell,
    if it's harvest time just hang them to dry in the flowering tent, so no real smell either

i haven't ever grown a plant that didn't smell strong, anything with 'skunk' is of course gonna be even stronger,

if ya super paranoid about smell just seal the entire room,

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-17), ktm (06-11-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    welcome back around mate

long as that good ole carbon filter running without any leaks i wudnt worry to much. havent come across a strain that didnt stink like hell, but get were your comin from with the cheda mate. got one goin now an it hums like wen tent door open but zero smell with spanking filter on it
    thanks
    im buying all new kit so filter will be good , i take it rhino pro is still the one to use? i thought a 10 inch short for a 1.2x 2.4 tent with a 10 inch box fan should be good , ill just have to be careful going in and out of the tent and make sure i close up when i go in,

as im going to grow from seed i was going to use normal tubes from screw fix untill they are ready for big pots but i cant remember which ones i used to use i think it was cool blue but can't remember wattage can you jog my memory on that please?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ktm For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    if your filter is upto par and as you have said already you also have negative pressure there should be no smell,
    if it's harvest time just hang them to dry in the flowering tent, so no real smell either

i haven't ever grown a plant that didn't smell strong, anything with 'skunk' is of course gonna be even stronger,

if ya super paranoid about smell just seal the entire room,
    fair enough it's common sense i suppose i was hoping someone had come up with something by now to illiminate smell but no such luck ,,anyway thanks for the reply

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ktm For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-17)

Thanks

Try heavyweight seeds wipeout express, marketed as a low odour strain and is a bit of a beast! They also do green ninja if you want a photoperiod. Auto seeds polar express might be worth looking at too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swansneck For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-17), ktm (09-11-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ktm View Post
    its been a while since i did a grow, in fact its in the grow diaries under ktm's tent of cheese
    at that time smell wasn't such a problem, now i have to keep it really stealth or ill be looking for a new place to rent..anyway as always ill use 8x autopots 2x 600s in a 1.2 x 2.4 tent, i plan to use a short 10" rhino pro filter with a box fan to extract and a small fan intake as i want to create negative pressure in the tent as with sides sucked in slightly i shouldn't get as much smell leakage, i'm open to suggestion on strain as i want something that gives a good smoke, good return but doesn't smell as bad as the cheeses i used to do.. as i have not grown for a few years and not kept up with latest developments i am unaware of anything that is worthwhile where keeping smell down is concerned so any help with this would be appreciated..
    one other thing to get a decent led set up to cover my 8 plants what would that cost now?
    thanks
    Welcome back to the Talk.
    You're due a Thanked 500 times medal to go with the others you have.
    Just go here and ask for it:
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...al-quot-thread

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (07-11-17), GEORGE (08-11-17), ktm (09-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Welcome back ktm

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ktm View Post
    thanks
    A few thousand for proper leds i wouldnt bother with the ebay ones myself iv been there and came to conclude that good ones are needed for a decent return. Such as the cxb cobs. Or a budmaster etc.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast