Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hlg-550

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Where did you get the quantum boards? Ive seen them on Ali Express
    I got them from Alibaba. It was near impossible finding the boards and having them shipped to Canada. It was easier to get clones. My seller was R2T on Alibaba. They do many different board designs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    how much did it cost to build? buyin that hlg550 works out at about £900. am only thinkin of something for the very few hot summer months we have in UK, save me running my aircon again, i wont get the results i do with a hps but better than nothin.
    The boards were $350cad, I went with 3 ELG-240H-C2100 drivers at $200cad and a sheet of 3/16" 6061 aluminum 38"×38" for $200cad. So $750cad. The HLG-550 which has 4 boards retails for $1500cad. These leds are supposed to be better than HPS. That is the main reason I switched. The other benefits are just bonus. I'm going for best quality nug possible. Top quality leds with outperform HID. Pre-built led fixtures is just not as affordable as HID plug and play lights. These boards are not better than nothing they are better than everything at 2.4u/mol, their spectrum is wider than an hps and their footprint is wider. You can run this light start to finish, although the 4000k and 5000k will do a better job in veg. I will supplement mine with some 5000k cob's in veg. I will never have to buy another light bulb again too, lol.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David Spaid For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (29-12-19), joker_the_smoker (05-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Go for it joker mate, it will pay for itself in the lighting and cooling savings after a few grows. It reckons its 550W (4 panel) is equiv to 1000W HID. Thats probably a stretch but its got to beat a 600 all day long.

As soon as I have some more dough I will be building one of these. Not sure how great they are for veg at 3000K but im sure you can customise some cooler colours into there
    Yes a hlg 550 has the same ppfd as an 1000w hps. Yes it can be used for veg but the 4000k and 5000k have been reported of doing a better job in veg, while the 3000k has been doing a better job in flower. However the 3000k still has enough blue spectrum that it has been used for veg successfully.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David Spaid For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (29-12-19), gardro (05-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by David Spaid View Post
    The boards were $350cad, I went with 3 ELG-240H-C2100 drivers at $200cad and a sheet of 3/16" 6061 aluminum 38"×38" for $200cad. So $750cad. The HLG-550 which has 4 boards retails for $1500cad. These leds are supposed to be better than HPS. That is the main reason I switched. The other benefits are just bonus. I'm going for best quality nug possible. Top quality leds with outperform HID. Pre-built led fixtures is just not as affordable as HID plug and play lights. These boards are not better than nothing they are better than everything at 2.4u/mol, their spectrum is wider than an hps and their footprint is wider. You can run this light start to finish, although the 4000k and 5000k will do a better job in veg. I will supplement mine with some 5000k cob's in veg. I will never have to buy another light bulb again too, lol.
    so 750cad all in for you building your self? am still not convinced on the led beating the hps, hps just for the sheer light penetration you get.
    you know what they say though mate, the proofs in the pudding, so show me the puddin

no but really show us the pud lol, wana see i proper diary with it ran preferably not a organic one

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

David Spaid (05-02-18), gardro (05-02-18)

Thanks

so 750cad all in for you building your self? am still not convinced on the led beating the hps, hps just for the sheer light penetration you get.
    you know what they say though mate, the proofs in the pudding, so show me the puddin

no but really show us the pud lol, wana see i proper diary with it ran preferably not a organic one
    It is in my diary that I currently have going. Just sharing what I have learnt in my many hours of research. Take what you want. There are countless competed grows on other forums where these lights have outperformed. I am extremely pleased with the light so far, my buds have swelled drastically this week which will be seen in my next update video. Stronger light penetration? Please explain? This leds are stronger then an 1000 hps. Their light penetration (u/mol) is stronger, with the hlg 550 coming in at 2.4 u/mol, highest in the market currently. Their spectrum is wider (stronger red, more blue, and more everything else which had been proven to help including green) and their footprint is wider( the light source is more spread out). The comparison of light penetration is nowhere near as close in my opinion. Comparison of the lights physically alone shows better distribution with the spread out led panels.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to David Spaid For This Useful Post:

gardro (05-02-18)

Thanks

It is in my diary that I currently have going. Just sharing what I have learnt in my many hours of research. Take what you want. There are countless competed grows on other forums where these lights have outperformed. I am extremely pleased with the light so far, my buds have swelled drastically this week which will be seen in my next update video. Stronger light penetration? Please explain? This leds are stronger then an 1000 hps. Their light penetration (u/mol) is stronger, with the hlg 550 coming in at 2.4 u/mol, highest in the market currently. Their spectrum is wider (stronger red, more blue, and more everything else which had been proven to help including green) and their footprint is wider( the light source is more spread out). The comparison of light penetration is nowhere near as close in my opinion. Comparison of the lights physically alone shows better distribution with the spread out led panels.
    spoken like a true led enthusiast ok mate i see you got 4 under it so let see how they go i will be watching closely. proof is in the end results not the research so lets see if you can sway me bro

if you wudnt mind pm'in me a parts list to make such a led it wud be appreciated, as i dont plan to give up me hps for cooler months, but the 3-4 months warmer weather this maybe be more use to me

also what size its that board? width an length wise?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

David Spaid (05-02-18), gardro (05-02-18)

Thanks

P.s orgainic living soil smashes any other method, lol. Proof is in the pudding.....
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=163416

Thanks

P.s orgainic living soil smashes any other method, lol. Proof is in the pudding.....
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=163416
    sorry mate but naaa chance comparing yield on a organic soil to coco. Taste maybe better but yield naa mukka.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Is this passively cooled?

Thanks

sorry mate but naaa chance comparing yield on a organic soil to coco. Taste maybe better but yield naa mukka.
    Lol. You guys need to make up your mind what is you want, quality or quantity. Yeild is what cash croppers/commerical growers are worried about. I will take the better smoke any day. Plus so much easier, so much cheaper. To each their own though. My 4 plants yield much more than I need between grows, and then some. Also I have grown both ways so I can compare and make a statement upon my own observations. Have you grown both ways Joker? My "mentor" now buys my flower instead of smoking his own perfectly coco grown flower. It's no comparison. I didn't realize it till I made the change.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David Spaid For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (29-12-19), Dantheman (11-05-21)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast