Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What's wrong with my plants?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

If water in soil grows is below 5 , and above 8 , I ph , mine has climbed to 9 i ph it to 6.5 .

That said , you already have loaded soil . In veg with hot soils ,feeds are very minimal imho . So go light . Easy on waterin also 😉

Organic Grow Journal
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=163164

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Alex123 (10-11-17), ggotch (10-11-17), lipnobody (10-11-17)

Thanks

Default What's wrong with my plants?

With soil and B.B. it’s pretty simple, generally speaking the nutes are not the issue, a lot of people can’t understand the basics of using B.B. but the key element to get right is the water, once you have good water you are going to find it’s going to be super easy, stick with one brand and perfect ya tech. And areating water is a great way to mange ya ph. If you need and help holler me Also feed minimal amounts start small and build up as you can always add and removal is harder never more than 1ml grow and build up the bloom top max and algamic as a baseline constant of .25/.5ml except round wk4/6 of flower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mikeeuk1; 10-11-17 at 03:20 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikeeuk1 For This Useful Post:

Alex123 (10-11-17), ggotch (10-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

Do not ph your feed when growing in soil,it is not necessary in anyway shape or form and only complicates things....Do not do it,and that is the best advice you will get today

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

Alex123 (10-11-17), ggotch (10-11-17), Greengrass (10-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    Do not ph your feed when growing in soil,it is not necessary in anyway shape or form and only complicates things....Do not do it,and that is the best advice you will get today
    Ummm come again ? if its too wacked out zit fucks things up dude !!!! Unless yall have tons of microbes to balance shit out , 8+ ph wont do any good

Organic Grow Journal
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=163164

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Alex123 (10-11-17), Bethmeg (11-11-17), ggotch (10-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

Ok then carry on ph'ing in soil...I'm only trying to help..but seriously do not do it

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

ggotch (10-11-17), Greengrass (10-11-17)

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for all the replies and advice im gunna try and implement as much of it as possible, starting with the nutrients. Just got some Old timers grow after a recommendation of Innerself and reading allot of good reviews (also raised the pots a couple of inches). Air circulation seems fine as there is an outside source of air next to the intake, the picture also shows a fan next to the canopy but this fan is an exhaust fan and doesn't cause much disturbance to the leaves. They are now in a new grow box as of today around double the size, managed to raise the humidity to around 55% and the lighting has also changed from 125 watt cfl to 400 watt led. Figured a way around the temp drop during night time, as it gets very cold in the uk during nights but closing my outside source of air during these periods should keep the temperature up.
    Will be changing my watering schedule to the recommendations of Mikeeuk1 and Trex so im feeding every other watering using alg-i-mic in the watering to help with any magnesium problems i may be having and drastically decreasing the amount of nutrients im adding.
    Allot of conflicting messages when it comes to PH wherever you look but i suppose ill leave ph adjustments but im gunna keep an eye on them just in case. Tbh when iv added my nutrients the ph is usually around 6.8-6.9 and i occasionally PH down to 6.5 with lemon juice just so im in the optimum zone for nutrient uptake.
    Anyway the plants have made a real comeback over night (not sure why could of been re-potting them in low EC soil), i can see a little bit of nutrient burn at the very tips of some leaves but in general the yellowing has stopped and the plants have really perked up including the smell!! Thanks to everyone that replied all the advice is appreciated and will be worked into the grow, ill make sure i put a few pictures up later of the ladies looking allot better

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alex123 For This Useful Post:

ggotch (10-11-17), Greengrass (10-11-17), lipnobody (10-11-17), Sadface (11-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

ive done both ways,and indeed agree with both sides of thought

first off,i do autos only and also only in small pots(dunno if amount of soil has any effect)and when i first started i used to ph all the time,ask mc ,and all my grows were subpar to say the least.
    upon stopping ph'ing,my grows were a lot better,plants seemed happier and i no longer got wierd mixed up problems,so for me,in my circumstances it works better to not ph my feed.

just personal experience,thats all.

ive had water from hell,ph off the scale plus "sediment" in it :cry: and have had to ph down, the grow didnt go well but it did produce.

ive also learned that with my present water, it is ok to ignore the tap ph of 7.8-8.0 and just add light nutes and feed it straight into my medium soil and current plants are doing great .

so for me,its down to reasonable tapwater ph8 and under(uk water)and i can ignore ph completely and still do a good grow or if using water from chenobyl ,ill first monitor the plants growth and then ph'ing would be a last resort.

i still dont fully grasp what happens to microbials when they are hit by ph'd feed but it does appear to mess things up for me.

(along with spidermites,fungus gnats,led lamps with a soh and an old twat with a shit memory and a halfbaked brain.)

id still stick by my first post though,if its uk tapwater then it doesnt need phing for decent soil...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Alex123 (22-11-17), Greengrass (10-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

its fecking lethal the water here, after my first bathroom gig here in LX i was so put off by the shady pipe work and the the colouring, ive drank nothin but bottled/filtered water since. looking to get us a berkley water filtration system for chrissy if the fat fucker in the red suit is kind enough this year!

@ggotch, uk water with biobizz products is a bit icky apparently, (noticed the sticky about the biobizz curse) but other than that its pretty decent, compared to portugal.
    but never the less making a note of the ph if youve a tester pen is a no brainer, if yis forked out the cash for it, might as well play mad scientist eh
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

Alex123 (22-11-17), ggotch (11-11-17), Greengrass (11-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Here the tap water stinks of chlorine
    I only boil or filter it overnight to drink

Before I had been using bio bizz nutes I was having a shite time trying to work out why my plants look like crap
    I thought at the time it was my water but knew there was nothing I could do about that
    Anyway my bottle of BB bloom was running out and asked the guys here and was recommended PM bloom
    Chuffed now I did I now no longer get in from work and look at them and think "Wtf now"
    But I jumped the gun offering my two pence worth of advice looking back the original post doesn't say where in the world he lives
    For that I apologise fella
    Last edited by Greengrass; 11-11-17 at 12:36 AM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

Alex123 (22-11-17), ggotch (11-11-17), lipnobody (11-11-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2