Thread: First Time Fem White Widow Advice

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Default First Time Fem White Widow Advice

Hello everyone!
    Am looking for some guidance and/or advice for my first grow.

I've already decided to grow indoors, and i want to grow feminized white widow. I'm looking at doing so in a grow tent (1.2m x 1.2m x 2m).
    I figured that this way i would be able to keep the right humidity etc constant, alot easier.

For a light, i was originally looking at using something like high-pressure sodiums, but have had my doubts since. Anyone recommend something better
    for roughly the same price or will they be just fine?

Most importantly, and what i really would like to know the answer too is a recommendation for a good soil/mix of soils and when & how to fertilize etc.
    I will be growing from seeds so i also want to know about pot sizes, what to start with, when to change , or can i keep the plant in a big size pot throughout it's life?

Please do bear in mind i'm not going to splash alot of cash at this to start off with!

Thanks in advance

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yeetus For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-11-17), Greengrass (12-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

welcome to the talk yeetus, go introduce yourself say hello and get your post count up to 10 then you will be able to upload pictures

have a browse at the stickys regarding soils and lights and also how to upload pictures
    use the search bar uptop aswell for finding information

and remember buy cheap buy twice! weve all made that mistake

get a grow diary up in the grow section under novice and the regular members will subscribe and help you along, remember to include your grow room info such as,
    what lights
    soil or substrate
    ph
    ec
    H2o quanity etc etc

check out the germination thread sticky for a good successful start.

dont be afraid to ask questions but check the forum first incase it’s been asked before.
    and try to keep everything contained to your own grow diary/first time threads to save clogging up the site. (saves the mods running around moving and deleting your post)

also check out the forum rules, theres a strict 10 plant limit here and no cash cropers

enjoy

lip
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-11-17), Nicojellic (12-11-17)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

1.2×1.2×2 use a small cfl for seedlings, mh bulb for veg and hps for flower watts to suit, personally I'd use a 250w cfl to 400/600w mh into a 600 hps under a parabolic reflector. Though each to their own.

LED run colder than hps but for yield hps wins hands down watt for watt.

Extraction you're looking at 398m3/h (6" L1 rvk and rhino Pro filter will be perfect) due to the carbon filter reduction in suction.
    Soil is easiest to start but coco and hydro isn't too difficult tbh just different things to monitor like pH and ec values. As well as different nutrients amounts.

During winter you won't need an intake but summer for sure you will.

Other than mate I can't advise more as I'm only just coming to the end of my own grow atm.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Starting out I would recommend soil to keep costs down
    And see if growing is right for you
    Search the Web and look for a local dedicated store you'll usually save loads and keep a few guys in jobs
    Example amazon £16 for plant magic soil
    Local shop £9 and no suspicious posty humping 50 litres of dirt up your drive

Start out I can only recommend plant magic soil supreme plus I've not used owt else
    but also add perlite, bag says not needed but it does and only a £5
    This will hold your hand for a few weeks with feeding
    All the best fella
    Last edited by Greengrass; 12-11-17 at 05:26 PM.