Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 240x120x200 shopping list

Thanks

Default 240x120x200 shopping list

Hi all im completley new and have been truggling for 2 days already to find the correct equiptment . i am currently living in 1 bedroom and the tent face will be 1.5 metres away from my door which is situated outside a communal bathroom. although there is only really 2 hours i need to make sure that the noise is silent. the smell is still a concern for me because i have never grown before but have been rest assured if my setup is correct the smell will only occur when i open the tent up. i have a £800 budget and after a few days of looking on our forums have came up with what i think is appropriate equipment. i do have some questions about a few parts of my shopping list and any feed back about this thread is invaluable. kind regards

IDAODAN 240x120x200 CM tent

x2 - Lumii Digita 600W Ballast

x2 - Hydroponics MH HPS Bulb Lighting Light Ballast Reflector Indoor Grow Euro Shade

x2 - 600w (MH) Metal Halide Omega Grow Light Veg Bulb for Vegetative Growth Stage

x2 - Hydroponics 600w SUPER HPS E40 Light Bulb Son-T Lamp 2000k Flowering Spectrum

Systemair RVK 6 Inch L1 (150mm) In-line Ducting Fan (660m3/hour) Hydroponics
    x2 system Air 150mm 6-inch Flexible Silencer

Systemair RVK 8 inch L1 (200mm) In-line Ducting Fan (950m3/hour) Hydroponics
    x2 System Air 200mm 8-inch Flexible Silencer

Rhino Pro Carbon Filter 8 Inch A1 200mm x 400mm 800m3/hr Hydroponics

Ecotechnics Evolution fan speed controller

my questions so far about that list are :

is the reflector adeqaute. if not which x2 will i need for 600w hps/mh bulbs

can money be saved on the expensive ballast.

can money be saved on the fan controller.

with this setup will the smell be completley contained to the extract point while the tent is closed from seed to drying.

with this setup could i use the silencers and a whole load of custom sound proof boxes, limit the noise to that of a pc or atleast be able to mask with a constant radio on at a reasonable level .

i need a uber stealth grow. if its just not possible it would be a real shame as the weed over here is gank but im about %70 thinking if i get it right ill sleep well.

thanks for reading thread

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ch040294 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

money can be saved but only with lower quality which usually means at some point your buying again.

ballast on ebay arnt to expensive, with omega, lumatek an lumii all good ballast tbh, just look around for the best deal.
    you could get dual spec bulbs to save you some cash instead of seperate mh an flower bulbs, although i prefer the mh for veg an hps flower later on

that controller is worth the money all day long so its good investment, plus you can buy a refurb with year guarantee for £100, talk about a steal like.

thats size setup your gona struggle to get it runnin as quiet as pc lol, but there plenty ways to quieten it down as you mentioned already ££££££
    120x 240 with 6 and 8inch rvks aint really stealth setup imo wait to you plug in the 8inck rvkL1 lol thing nearly took off out me hand

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

ch040294 (28-12-17), ERBURT (15-11-17), GEORGE (15-11-17), Karsa (15-11-17)

Thanks

cheers my reflectors would be sufficient i had some trouble trying to find tht out because parabolic were mentioned but are 7x more expensive

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ch040294 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-11-17)

Thanks

even with the noise cant i just trn it really for the 2 hours a day i need it o be quiet :0 tht and smell is main cncern then is making sure i have adequate extras

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ch040294 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-11-17)

Thanks

so i can getcheaper balast which will do same job ? some are 1/3rd the price and i dont mind replacing after a year

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ch040294 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Would you need an 8inch fan? Know you can run it at a lower speed with a controller. Only ask as my mates currently using a 6" and not having any issues? I was looking to get this for the same set up. CAN RK fan 150L - 760m3. And use a 5inch for an intake.

I expect it will get hot in summer but always does anyway and by then I won't be running this set up anyway denim having my room all done up and just gonna have a smaller two tent set up.

Sorry to jump into your thread mate, but gonna be running exact same set up myself. I mentioned to you last night if stealth is a huge concern I'd personally go with smaller. Will smell a little when opening the tent as well to get in and water them not to mention chopping. Know you said do it in the tent but that'll mean moving some out of the tent to fit you in it and trust me it will really stink. Up to you not trying to tell ya what to do but you got big brass ones to try run that and be stealth when people will be right outside the door.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

ch040294 (28-12-17), GEORGE (16-11-17), Karsa (15-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ch040294 View Post
    so i can getcheaper balast which will do same job ? some are 1/3rd the price and i dont mind replacing after a year
    If not digital and one of those old styles they do tend to hum a little. Not nearly as loud as an 8inch fan but chance it would be heard. Search for lumatek twin ballast, website I've seen it claims its 20% cheaper than buying two of their ballast as it can run two 600w from it. Tbh I was more just wanting it as I liked the idea of less plugs lol but if saves a little then all the better.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-11-17)

Thanks

iv spoken to a few ppl now and thinking that after i diy acoustic it wont be louder than my tv am i wrong in think tht ? is 1x 6" + 1 x8" both with 2 silencers though and custom sound box

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ch040294 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-11-17)

Thanks

i thought 800£ was not a bad budget but from the stuff im being recommended i need about £1600

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ch040294 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,042 Times

The smell would be my main concern. Just drying it gives of a pungent smell then you got to cure it also. when I was burping my jars within minutes of them being open my house stunk.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cont3 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-11-17)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast