Thread: Opinions/advice on grow room specs

Thanks

Default Opinions/advice on grow room specs

Okay so after a fair bit of working out and research I have decided i want to make a plywood diy growbox painted matte white inside. I want to grow just 1 plant using a led light and pc fans for exhaust and intake.

So suggested specs are:

Grow box - 1.5ft x 1.5ft x 5ft high (11.25cf)

Light - ViparSpectra 300w actual watt is 120w

Exhaust Fan - Arctic 120mm 53cfm

Intake - Arctic 80mm 31cfm

Now i dont really want it to be 5ft high but using led light the distance from the light to the top of the plant needs to be at least 18" minimum and plus other stuff shown below leaves not much plant growth so kind of has to be 5ft high.

So 5ft = 60"

18" light gap

3" light thickness

4" hanging space

12" plant pot/saucer height (3gal)

That leaves just 23" of plant growth space. I want to mainline the plant to maximise yield with the space i have.

I just want people opinions as although on paper the specs of the fans seem fine do you think it would work okay? I already have the fans which is why i mainly want to use them.

I have a diy carbon filter sorted which im fairly confident will work as ive seen many others on other forums using it in similar spaces and it working well so im not too worried about the carbon filter side of it. Mainly just the fan part. The carbon filter is a 120mm fan then on top another 120mm fan but with the blades taken out and filled with carbon instead, then another 120mm fan on top of that. This increases the pressure to pull air through.

Cheers guys!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jack1991 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-11-17), MonsterEnergy (16-11-17)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

most grow fans are rated by m3/hour yours is cubic feet per minute,
    so it's actually rated at 90m3/hour so that should work in that small space,

since that's the only point you are questioning

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-11-17), jack1991 (16-11-17), Karsa (16-11-17)

Thanks

Cool, short and sweet.

Yeh was mainly not sure on the fans, but happy for opinons on the whole set up in general too.

Reckon i could take it from seed to finish under that light too?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jack1991 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Pure indica might do good in that space, but I wouldn't try a pure Satava. Why don't you just get you some 4'x8' ply wood, and make something you can actualy gorwn in. JMO.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,313 Times

I think small stealth grows are great but a bit novel, if your wanting enough smoke to last you a few months before you have to grow again id look at a bigger set up. 2/3 plants are as much work as 1.depends on your circumstance i suppose?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralf454 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-11-17)

Thanks

Id get on ebay a look at some autions i got a vipar spectra 450watt reflective series for £110-£120 an it came with duel spec cfl a heater an a fan. Check my diary out the led grow my plant bigger then one under a 600 watt hps

Sent from my SM-G530FZ using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Greenster6969 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-11-17)