Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Novice in coco, needs a little advice..

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Default Novice in coco, needs a little advice..

Hi everyone..

This is my first time that I've grown in coco, been growing in soil for the last 5-6yrs with no problems but since the switch to coco I'm facing this problem, see pics...

Now, I've read quite alot over the last week or so, on the Internet, on here etc but in my mind I'm doing every right and I've gone over and over on things that I'm doing.. Ph, nutrients, light, watering etc.. But just can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong..im doing something wrong because you only have to look at the plants! Lmao!..here's my list of equipment and nutrients.. Any help would be appreciated.. Thx in advance..

STRAIN: Amnesia Kush (3 weeks veg)
    LIGHTING: Mars hydro (x2 600w, 3ft above plants) 18hr on, 6 off.
    Pot: 12l Airpots.
    Medium: Coco coir. 30% perlite.
    Temp: 75c-79c, humidity 52%. Nightime: 20c-22c.
    Nutrients: GH floragro, micro and bloom. Using 1.5ml for every 10 litres of each at the moment. Should be alot higher but keeping to this because plants might be nute burnt???) ppm is 300..i use the hard water nute version.
    Watering.. I only water when the pot feels light, so every 2 days with nutes. I don't use any calmag because of hard water, plus plants ain't showing no defects in that area.. I always water until a 20% run off is visible.
    Ph: 5.8-6.0..(run off)...

Can't think of anything else.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thx..

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leafy6890 For This Useful Post:

kbag (18-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Looks like your over feeding them and they burning.
    Never used them nutes before. Whats your background ec?
    And current feed ec?
    How many plants you runnin ?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

Water daily too mate. Don’t let the coco dry out

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    Looks like your over feeding them and they burning.
    Never used them nutes before. Whats your background ec?
    And current feed ec?
    How many plants you runnin ?
    Hi joker, thx for reply..

Didn't think I was over feeding them tbh, on cf stick the current reading is 0.6 EC & 300 ppm and the background EC is unmeasurable, meaning it's not picking up anything.. I've just calibrated it and same reading.. Strange.. I've just ordered a blue lab truncheon to be on the safe side now, hopefully that will give 100% accuracy.. What advice would you give on feeding 3 weeks into veg.. EC, PPM, etc, etc.. Below is the feeding schedule I'm using at the moment.. Thx in advance..

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Chew View Post
    Water daily too mate. Don’t let the coco dry out
    Hi chew... Thx for reply..

Really?.. Oh.. You saying every 24hr with nutrients?..bit confused here, thought feeding them everyday would cause even more nute burn?.. Thx

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Leafy6890 View Post
    Hi joker, thx for reply..

Didn't think I was over feeding them tbh, on cf stick the current reading is 0.6 EC & 300 ppm and the background EC is unmeasurable, meaning it's not picking up anything.. I've just calibrated it and same reading.. Strange.. I've just ordered a blue lab truncheon to be on the safe side now, hopefully that will give 100% accuracy.. What advice would you give on feeding 3 weeks into veg.. EC, PPM, etc, etc.. Below is the feeding schedule I'm using at the moment.. Thx in advance..

Sorry.. Running 9 plants..

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,481 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Leafy6890 View Post
    Hi chew... Thx for reply..

Really?.. Oh.. You saying every 24hr with nutrients?..bit confused here, thought feeding them everyday would cause even more nute burn?.. Thx

Don't have to feed with every watering man.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

How often you feed/water depends on nutrients you are using and if the plants are hungry buggers or finicky. Sounds like you have soft water and not hard if your pens picking up no base water EC. If this is so you will need the calimagic.

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Stirl_420_SA View Post
    Don't have to feed with every watering man.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
    Hi Stirl 420
    ... OK.. Thanks.. The charts that I download are from the UK and doesn't say really to much... But just downloaded the same chart from the USA and that chart says "flush with ph'ed water every 3rd feed'.. Grr.. Lol.. Thanks..

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

Quote Originally Posted by kbag View Post
    How often you feed/water depends on nutrients you are using and if the plants are hungry buggers or finicky. Sounds like you have soft water and not hard if your pens picking up no base water EC. If this is so you will need the calimagic.
    Thanks kbag.. The cf/ex stick that I've got doesn't register anything in plain tap water.. Just in case I've just purchased a blue lab stick to be on the safe side.. However, I did go onto our local board site and just now and I've uploaded a screen shot from water board.. There saying slightly hard.. Oh well, the new stick should be here on Tuesday, so hopefully that will tell me something different, if so, I shall make amendments.. Cheers mate..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast