Thread: Weak seedlings

Thanks

Default Weak seedlings

Hi there ....am needing some advice regarding some occourance on my new grow...I am using coir blocks and using a calmag and grow supplimented wayer to rehydrate the blocks....but 5 days on and 4 of my seeds have rooted then went limp and snapped???i used to use the bagged canna grow coir but got lots of mold mites on my last grow from the soil which is why ive gone for tge blocks
    Any advice would be helpfull.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Subzee For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Subzee View Post
    Hi there ....am needing some advice regarding some occourance on my new grow...I am using coir blocks and using a calmag and grow supplimented wayer to rehydrate the blocks....but 5 days on and 4 of my seeds have rooted then went limp and snapped???i used to use the bagged canna grow coir but got lots of mold mites on my last grow from the soil which is why ive gone for tge blocks
    Any advice would be helpfull.....
    I use ugro bricks myself the 70l one.too many variables here.... What light you using ?
    How far away? And how much ec did you use? My guess without photos is that youve over fed them maybe. You dont need to feed untill the first little leaves begin to fall off. Well thats what i do anyways.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-17)

Thanks

Hi mr nice 😊...i tried a photo but i cant resize the immage on my phone....im using a full spectrum 300w led light and the seedlings are in a propogator 14 inches from the light...i used 2mm per litre of calmag and it took 2.5 litres to rehydrate the block ....
    Thnx
    Subzee 😊😊

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Subzee For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,845 Times

Hi mr nice 😊...i tried a photo but i cant resize the immage on my phone....im using a full spectrum 300w led light and the seedlings are in a propogator 14 inches from the light...i used 2mm per litre of calmag and it took 2.5 litres to rehydrate the block ....
    Thnx
    Subzee 😊😊
    If your on play store download tapatalk and you won't need to resize any photos if not then there are plenty of apps you can download to resize pics 😊

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Twisted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-17)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

went limp and snapped?
    sounds like 'damping-off' especially with young seedlings, they rot where the seedlings touch the medium

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-17), ggotch (22-11-17), Karsa (19-11-17), lipnobody (20-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Thnx
    Subzee 😊😊
    I use root!t cubes myself with just plain water for the first week or so myself If theres a lid on the prop take it off. Seedlings dont like it with lids on props. They are for cuttings only.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-17), TopBuzz (21-11-17)

Thanks

Thnx monster...its the first time in yrs that this has happend...also i always try to maintain a high humidity on my seedlings...but will go topless from now on ...thnx for the replies dude...i guess your never to old to learn ��������

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Subzee For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-11-17)