Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Black Magic Potting Mix..... interesting ingredients

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Default Black Magic Potting Mix..... interesting ingredients

Easy

Having not known very much when I bought this stuff I wondered what others' experience of this was if at all. Having since read a lot of info on this forum and elsewhere it seems the mix does contain quite a few key ingredients. Guess the proof will be in the pudding

No idea it had worm castings, michorizzal and coco in there...!

Any soil aficionados out there to cast their wisdom on this mix - or at least the marketing blurb?

All from makers of Miracle Grow...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	353294
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	353295

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (21-11-17)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

reads as a very good soil, it's 'miracle grow' trying to break into the cannabis growing industry,
    i have a link to a blurb, but you cant post links on this site so /copy/paste/ to the rescue lol

Scott's Miracle-Gro CEO Jim Hagedorn has invested hundreds of millions of dollars in marijuana-business: $135-million last year on two California-based businesses that sell fertilizers, soils and accessories to pot growers; $120-million on a still-undisclosed lighting and hydroponics equipment company in Amsterdam; and a promised investment of another $150-million by the end of the year.

"It is the biggest thing I've ever seen in lawn and garden," Hagedorn told Forbes.

"I came back [to the office], and I told everyone 'We're doing it,' " Hagedorn said. " If you don't like it, leave. We're doing it. It's beyond stopping. And we're not getting into pot growing. We're talking dirt, fertilizer, pesticides, growing systems, lights. You know it's a multibillion-dollar business, and we've got no growth in our core. Are you guys stupid?"

The company launched its new line of hydroponics equipment in 141 Home Depot stores across Colorado, Washington and Michigan - and it's big money, especially compared with regular garden and lawn care biz. The green-and-black branded bags of peat and coco coir blended soils retail for about $16 from Home Depot, versus the $8 price-tag of Miracle-Gro's standard-issue organic garden soil.

Given the edgy, controversial reputation of Miracle-Gro CEO Jim Hagedorn, the gardening giant's decision to cash in on the cannabis industry's, ahem, rapid growth comes as little surprise. One thing is becoming rapidly apparent: at-home, small-to-medium-scale growing operations aren't going to stay "under the cover of darkness" for much longer - and the days when home gardening was strictly for botany geeks are coming to a close.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

gardro (21-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,352 Times

First ive heard of it, sounds good though, is it in uk? If so how much was it?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to uparoundthebend For This Useful Post:

gardro (21-11-17)

Thanks

Its available in UK for around £10 - £15 for 20L

Seen it in Homebase

They do a full nutrient range to accompany

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (21-11-17), uparoundthebend (21-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

It does sound good but the part which says heavily fertilised, begin feeding 10 weeks after planting kinda puts me off. Itl be interesting to see how you get on with it.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (21-11-17), gardro (21-11-17), MonsterEnergy (21-11-17), MRJIMMY2017 (25-11-17), uparoundthebend (21-11-17)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

damn that, i get 100 liters of all-mix for £26, plant magic for £32

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

gardro (21-11-17), uparoundthebend (21-11-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    It does sound good but the part which says heavily fertilised, begin feeding 10 weeks after planting kinda puts me off. Itl be interesting to see how you get on with it.
    Yeah i didn't like that. Just on rhizotonic for now

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (21-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

i boycott the whole brand, to be honest id rather not support a company who gives zero fucks about the poison they promote.
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

Valentina (16-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,137 Times

sorry for thread hi-jack I just want to know what you guys would recommend the best soil to use after having mircle grow soil for first grow defo would like the heads up what to order so I don't make another mistake I have bio bizz grow and bloom I can change this also if need be for the next grow thanks guys

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MRJIMMY2017 View Post
    sorry for thread hi-jack I just want to know what you guys would recommend the best soil to use after having mircle grow soil for first grow defo would like the heads up what to order so I don't make another mistake I have bio bizz grow and bloom I can change this also if need be for the next grow thanks guys
    Knowing what Ive learned now I would go with the Canna Terra Professional Soil or the Pro Plus. Heard bad things about the Bio Bizz nutes in the UK with hard water etc so would go with the Canna Terra nutes also.

Having said that the jury is still out on this Black Magic. Ive got some pics to upload tomorrow on my diary thread

19. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (26-11-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast