Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RDWC getting started help!

Thanks

Thanks a ton for the helpful advice!

I've calibrated all my meters properly. I have 2 BlueLab Ph meters (they usually read within a 0.2 variance) Both calibrated a week ago.

They are very new cuttings. The rockwool is about a 1 cubit inch and the roots are only beginning to come out of the medium.
    I did not dip it in a weak solution of the nutrients before putting in the system. I'll make sure to do that next time (hopefully that's not too soon).

I guess the best question I have would be, how often should I top feed them. Like you said, it won't take too long for the rock wool to dry out. So maybe 2-3 times a day?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guardian Grow For This Useful Post:

ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (22-11-17), Ginger-bud (22-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Grow View Post
    Hey man,
    Current culture recommends starting them at 6.3. But I'll trying bringing them down to 6.2. I do have 1 air rope at the bottom of each site (these came with the system)
    The ppm of my source RO water is around 40 on 700 scale (not 100% sure what that is in EC).
    I'll top feed them like monsterEnergy said, Should I be worried about getting any of the rock wool into the system doing that? I know CC said not to let the water touch the rock wool to keep any pieces of it getting into the system.

Please email current culture and tell them they are useless.
    I would be having the ph around 5.8 to settle them in and as for how much water and when Just don’t let them dry out and don’t drown them, remember the rockwool will hold water longer than say clay pebbles so maybe every few hours.
    Keep the feed low and you’ll needd to up it as she wants it
    Get a diary started mate and people will find it easier to follow along and help out
    The idea with the air stone is to get the net pot as close to the water surface so as any bubbles come up and break the surface they keep your net pot wet too if you get me.
    Please let cc know about this site and we might be able to help them too but by the sounds of it they are to far gone!
    Atb
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (22-11-17), Guardian Grow (22-11-17), MonsterEnergy (22-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Hi guardian , as reds says if u set the water level just below the net pots then the air bubbles will keep splashing the bottom of the pot keeping the stones wet in there. As long as the rockwool doesn't dry out (I top fed once a day) before the roots get going then this should cause the roots to search out the water. I was gonna go for the current culture system but went for alien hydroponics instead which is similar and that's how I started mine. You'll get some amazing growth once those roots touch down so be prepared
    Ph defiantly bit high as said before want a drift between 5.6 and 6.0 roughly to allow the range of nute uptake on the plant.
    Good luck mate look forward to seeing your diary

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

Guardian Grow (22-11-17), MonsterEnergy (22-11-17), redisiel (22-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,511 Times

ph 5.5-5.8 in veg not other way round.... 5.8 is a good way once reservoir is stabilized.. nice level of ph is 5.8...

your leaves are green enough i would say... have you been top watering as the leaves are sagging which if the rockwool is too saturated from over watering then thats what it is imo...

dont over water or under water... like said above need the roots to expand and search for food.. bigger roots etc....

Ultra Noob with a Sand grain brain (forever blowing bubbles)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fairy For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (22-11-17), Guardian Grow (22-11-17), redisiel (22-11-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    ph 5.5-5.8 in veg not other way round.... 5.8 is a good way once reservoir is stabilized.. nice level of ph is 5.8...

your leaves are green enough i would say... have you been top watering as the leaves are sagging which if the rockwool is too saturated from over watering then thats what it is imo...

dont over water or under water... like said above need the roots to expand and search for food.. bigger roots etc....
    You want the ph swing throughout the whole grow there’s no grow or bloom there they need the full uptake threw out!
    Blessings
    Redz

10. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (22-11-17)

Thanks

i hear ya man..

i like my 5.8 nowdays lol... seems right good for me in veg..

when i do res change i set at 5.4 let it swing to 6.3... then drop to 5.6 and when rises again try keep around 5.8 then when reservoir is stabilized... thats my way nowadays...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fairy For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (22-11-17), redisiel (22-11-17)

Thanks

Problem s while it’s at 5.4and 6.3 etc there not taking up nutes at all so it’s time waisted in my opinion unles your using microbes to fix up unavailable nutrients
    Peace K
    Redz

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Fairy (22-11-17), Ginger-bud (22-11-17)

Thanks

just makes it easier for me set it low on fresh res change as it moves quick as fuk till it stabalizes i know alot set it at 5.0 even on res change which is low as that where 5.4 not too bad

5.8 the sweet spot

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fairy For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (22-11-17), redisiel (22-11-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post

Hey Fairy,
    I hadn't watered them at all and that's when they started to sag. I then top fed them to wet the rock wool last night. They are now a bit damp and looking much better, I have even seen some new root growth on 3 of the 4 plants. I checked the rock wool this afternoon and it's still damp so I'm going to wait to top feed them again until tonight or until the rock wool gets drier. Thanks for the help man!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guardian Grow For This Useful Post:

ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (23-11-17), Fairy (24-11-17), redisiel (22-11-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    Please email current culture and tell them they are useless.
    I would be having the ph around 5.8 to settle them in and as for how much water and when Just don’t let them dry out and don’t drown them, remember the rockwool will hold water longer than say clay pebbles so maybe every few hours.
    Keep the feed low and you’ll needd to up it as she wants it
    Get a diary started mate and people will find it easier to follow along and help out
    The idea with the air stone is to get the net pot as close to the water surface so as any bubbles come up and break the surface they keep your net pot wet too if you get me.
    Please let cc know about this site and we might be able to help them too but by the sounds of it they are to far gone!
    Atb
    Redz
    Thank Redsiel,
    This really helps a lot! I feel pretty confident getting these roots started now. I'll get to work on the diary too.
    Also, do you have any resources where I can read about PH levels? It's not that I don't trust your advice, I would just like to read some information on the difference between ph at 6.3 and 5.8 and how the plants respond to the different levels.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guardian Grow For This Useful Post:

Fairy (24-11-17), redisiel (22-11-17)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast