Thread: 125w CFL Grow

Thanks

Lightbulb 125w CFL Grow

Hey, I am fairly new to the indoor growing side of things, my new CFL light almost constantly flickers/buzzes, anyone think of any reasons why? The fitting is fairly tight and the bulb and fitting are brand new. Sometimes if I tilt the bulb it stops flickering and resumes full brightness but if moved or tapped it starts to flicker again. Hope someone can give me a few tips, thanks in advance! 😊

Thanks

Okay so it's now only two elements that are flickering.... The light has been on for a few hours, being switched off a few times due to inspections....

Thanks

I believe the reasoning for these issues can come down to bad fuse, cheap socket, broken light Hope you get it fixed fella

Wolf.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrWolf For This Useful Post:

FruitandBarley (22-11-17)

Thanks

I think its probably a loose connection, might be the wiring or the bulb its self not touching the connector properly. Try unplugging the light and taking apart the holder for the bulb look at the wires and insure all are inserted in the right holes and that they are not loose. Its hard to tell what the problem is cause im not sure what part you have to push to stop the buzzing/ flickering. Hope this helps a little

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex123 For This Useful Post:

FruitandBarley (22-11-17)

Thanks

Thank you very much, shall investigate now!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FruitandBarley For This Useful Post:

Alex123 (22-11-17)

Thanks

So it is just a loose connection, pushing the bulb up into the fitting seems to sort the problem. There were no loose wires, just a slightly dodgy fitting connection. Thanks for your help guys!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FruitandBarley For This Useful Post:

Alex123 (23-11-17), M_C (23-11-17)