Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are my seedlings leaves normal?

Thanks

Default Are my seedlings leaves normal?

Hi guys, This is my first grow and i'm after abit of help. My seedling's leaves have started to curl abit and its got my worried. Please note that i have just watered the plant. The soil is usually very dry. I'm hesitant to water too often however after 24hrs the soil is usually so dry it comes away from the sides of the pot so ive felt i've had to water it a small amount daily despite what I've read online. I have recently got on top of some temperature problems i was having. I was getting temps up to 96 degrees F. Now as shown in the pictures its around 76. My tap water is ph 6.9, ive not fed the plant any nutrients yet and the soil is Levingtons john innes no.1 with added perlite. As this is my first grow im not sure what is qualifies as normal and what is horrifically wrong. i feel like the plant is a little on the dark side? Its a very blue/green colour and the leaves are curling over quite alot as shown in the pictures. I feel like the obvious explanation is over watering but the apparent dryness of the soil is throwing me off? Any help is very much appreciated!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1002.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	353406Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0999.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	353403Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1001.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	353400Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CKJVuzT.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	353415

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

what watt light is that? it seems very close for a led

how much water are you adding each time?
    that pot definitely shouldn't dry out in less than 24hrs

add water untill it runs out the bottom, then add more for good measure

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Austringer (23-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

slighty over watered from here...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (23-11-17)

Thanks

the light is 300 watt. Its a auto so its been under 24hr light for 5 days now. Although its not a technical measure, i usually add about half a mug. It's enough that i get a few drips starting to drain out. But literally just a couple of drips should i have more run off? this has been daily for the passed 3 days. I was starting to think that my light/fan might be drying out my top soil and that's whats giving me a false impression? i do dig down about a inch to check if its damp before watering and its just like loose dust.
    Last edited by Austringer; 23-11-17 at 12:09 AM. Reason: didnt answer what watt light

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Austringer For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (23-11-17)

Thanks

i dont know your enveroment / pot size / watering methods...........but that ^^^^ is or has been overwatered,its a ball ache with seeds getting the desired amount as all seeds drink differently imo.....but ease off slightly is my advice let the roots grow out a tad like,its a fine art getting it rte ....btw they aint far off just slightly over watered..................

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

Austringer (23-11-17), MonsterEnergy (23-11-17)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

feel the weight of the pot, if it's heavy it's still got water, if it's light they need water,
    after watering do the leaves level out or just stay droopy?

might be a mixture of heat stress, watered then drying out very quickly, i have 1 liter pots that i give a full mug of water once every 3 days
    it definitely doesn't dry to powder in less than 24hrs,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    feel the weight of the pot, if it's heavy it's still got water, if it's light they need water,
    after watering do the leaves level out or just stay droopy?

might be a mixture of heat stress, watered then drying out very quickly, i have 1 liter pots that i give a full mug of water once every 3 days
    it definitely doesn't dry to powder in less than 24hrs,
    thanks for your responses. I took the pictures in the original post immediately after watering, that was about 2 hours ago now. i feel like the plant's leaves may have lifted slightly? Ive taken note about what you said about the distance of the light and i have backed it away and ive taken pictures of the mug i use and the pot for scale hope this helps narrow it down abit Attachment 353418 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Q2WFTz8.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	353419Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c9KVzaD.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	353420

Thanks

maybe try watering less more often ? if shes drying to quick but surely a plant that size would go a day or 2 in the saharah desert ?

Thanks

+ ffs move the fan to blowing the side of the tent...............not at the plant if anything away from it ATM............ its drying to quick because your blowing off the froff mun a gentle breeze just twitching the bad girl will surfice atm....

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

Austringer (23-11-17), MonsterEnergy (23-11-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Beefheart View Post
    + ffs move the fan to blowing the side of the tent...............not at the plant if anything away from it ATM............ its drying to quick because your blowing off the froff mun a gentle breeze just twitching the bad girl will surfice atm....
    Ok ill aim the fan away. Thanks for the help Captain!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast