Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: GuardianGrow RDWC grow diary (1st grow)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    I would add the UC roots, as hydroguard is more of a root inoculant, and as your roots look ok, apart from their lack of growth, you don't need it.
    It can also be used where you have higher res temps, but as your running a chiller and the nutrient is around 18 degrees, you don't need it.

looking at your latest picture the roots look nice and white, which is what you want.

The water movement in the pots looks good, and should provide plenty of dissolved oxygen to the root zone.
    Can you possibly show us a pic of the plant, to see if it has grown much?
    The roots don't look as developed as they should be by this stage to be honest, so the UC roots should help with that.
    I don't remember if you are using silicone, but that would also help the roots uptake of nutrient. You could dose it at 0.5 ml per litre, but be warned it will raise your PH so add it before using the PH down.

Lets see the rest of the plant, please
    If the central leaves look paler, then up the feed to 0.6
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	All.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	355506Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#4.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	355507Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#3.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	355508Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	355509

They all seem to be growing fairly well. don't mind the small guy on the left (he's the one I had to replace because there was no growth on top on the one before it).
    Thanks for the advice on the UC roots and Hydroguard. I don't currently use Silicone. I think for this run I won't use it to keep things consistent, unless you think it is necessary?

I'll post another update of the roots below. My main concern is they are looking brownish and clumping together. Take a look at the pictures and tell me if i should be concerned and doing something to fix it. They still seem to be growing despite the clumping and browning. I have the water level set right at the bottom of the net pot (remember my net pots are raised in the center about 2inches up and I'm using rockwool). My fear i I soaked the rockwool and that is what is causing the browning of my roots.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guardian Grow For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (17-01-18), GEORGE (21-01-18)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#2roots.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	355510Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#3roots.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	355511Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#4roots.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	355512Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Plant roots .jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	355513

Post updating the roots of my 4 plants. Concerned they are getting too brown and clumping together. Not sure If i should be doing something about it or if this is normal?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guardian Grow For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (17-01-18), GEORGE (21-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

I was wondering how these were getting on the other day.

im not familiar with your nutrients, but I will presume they are a light brown colour, when in the res?
    If so I wouldn't worry too much about the roots colour, its probably a bit of staining off the nutrient, and as your chiller is set for 18 degrees, they should not have pythium.or other root disease.
    the roots look fairly normal to me, and are starting to grow like they should have. The picture of the seedlings roots shows good structure, and the fine hairs off the tap root show that they are developing properly.
    As for silicone its something that I wouldn't grow without, personally, but if you don't want to use it then don't.
    It will not affect your other nutrients if you did decide to use it tho.

the plants look healthy now, and if you don't mind another weeks veg, you could top the 3 larger plants, which will give the smaller fella a bit of time to catch up.

glad to see you are getting on top of these issues now, good work.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-01-18), Guardian Grow (17-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

looking good now bud
    seems like staining rather than rot, any smells?
    but growing nicely now
    if i help drop a THANKS its free

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-01-18)

Thanks

Looking great any updates

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richcams For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-01-18), Green Dad (21-01-18)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6