Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: GuardianGrow RDWC grow diary (1st grow)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

i would have the water level with the bottom of the net pots, just touching the underside of the plastic netpot at this stage.
    the pic is hard to tell, but looks like this is where its at .
    I wouldn't top feed them either, you want the roots to spread out and look for water, and the airstones should be providing enough D.O for them to start getting their feet wet.

I would also increase the feed to 0.4EC to be honest, they look to be a couple of weeks old, and you are running R.O water.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (29-11-17), Guardian Grow (29-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

agreed dont top feed now let the roots search or you can possibly drench the rockwool so bad that can cause issues
    feed is very low, my base ec is around 0.4/0.5
    and feed is currently on 0.7 but looks similar size (mine are lighter in colour tho / your look dark for such a low feed)
    if i help drop a THANKS its free

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

Guardian Grow (29-11-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    i would have the water level with the bottom of the net pots, just touching the underside of the plastic netpot at this stage.
    the pic is hard to tell, but looks like this is where its at .
    I wouldn't top feed them either, you want the roots to spread out and look for water, and the airstones should be providing enough D.O for them to start getting their feet wet.

I would also increase the feed to 0.4EC to be honest, they look to be a couple of weeks old, and you are running R.O water.
    Ok, I lowered the water a bit. It's just barely touching the bottom of the plastic net pot now.
    I didn't initially have air stones in there, I had the air ropes/hoses from Current Culture (they came with the system). I think the issue was the hoses were sending air bubbles to only the outermost part of the buckets (no air bubbles in center). I decided to switch to airstones today. Much more bubbles happening in the center. hopefully this helps.

I increased my feed to 0.3EC.

They are large clones, so I've only had them a week and day. To answer noobydrgisback - I think they are only dark because that's how i received them. They lightened up since I got them a week ago and I've removed the larger leaves that were clipped and looked damaged.

Thanks

cool, Do you know what size of air pump you have? I would hope its something with around 40-60litres per minute
    The air pump is the heart of these systems, and its virtually impossible to give them too much air.
    You want it to look like a Jacuzzi in the buckets ideally. Like check this vid, it should be similar to this at 35 seconds in. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...E3&FORM=VRDGAR
    The more oxygen you provide them with the better, but make sure the airpump is outside the groom/ tent and you are not drawing the air for the airpump from inside the tent, its much fresher if its drawn from outside (and has less Co2, which yu don't want to be putting thru the water if possible)
    Once the roots are down into the water, these systems take off, and you will see how much better it is compared to mud or coco.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

Fairy (30-11-17), Guardian Grow (30-11-17)

Thanks

cool, Do you know what size of air pump you have? I would hope its something with around 40-60litres per minute
    The air pump is the heart of these systems, and its virtually impossible to give them too much air.
    You want it to look like a Jacuzzi in the buckets ideally. Like check this vid, it should be similar to this at 35 seconds in. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...E3&FORM=VRDGAR
    The more oxygen you provide them with the better, but make sure the airpump is outside the groom/ tent and you are not drawing the air for the airpump from inside the tent, its much fresher if its drawn from outside (and has less Co2, which yu don't want to be putting thru the water if possible)
    Once the roots are down into the water, these systems take off, and you will see how much better it is compared to mud or coco.
    It's a 60LPM air pump. So no problems there
    I am having problems having the roots grow into the water. It seems they have stalled in growing. I haven't seen much root growth at all since last friday. Do you think this could be from keeping the rockwool too wet?

Thanks

yes, quite possibly. Sometimes they do this tho, for no apparent reason. Ive had them stall like this for a week or so at the same stage, but they soon get their act together and start growing again.
    DO NOT try and dig out the rockwool cube out and squeeze it, this will do more damage than good. they will go into shock and there is a good chance that you could damage the roots by doing this.
    Now the water height is set properly, they should pick up in a few days
    60 litre /minute is a good pump for the size of system.
    Are you changing out the water and nutrient every 2 weeks?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

Guardian Grow (30-11-17)

Thanks

yes, quite possibly. Sometimes they do this tho, for no apparent reason. Ive had them stall like this for a week or so at the same stage, but they soon get their act together and start growing again.
    DO NOT try and dig out the rockwool cube out and squeeze it, this will do more damage than good. they will go into shock and there is a good chance that you could damage the roots by doing this.
    Now the water height is set properly, they should pick up in a few days
    60 litre /minute is a good pump for the size of system.
    Are you changing out the water and nutrient every 2 weeks?
    Thanks Bigbadbillybob. I hope they take off soon. The Rockwool is a little damp still. I'm hoping it dries out a bit soon. I didn't plan on taking the rockwool out. handling it didn't sound like a good idea

I haven't changed the water/nutes yet, but it's only been a week and 3 days. 2 days since the water level has been there. Sounds like i just need to be patient.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Guardian Grow For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (30-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,671 Times

Subbed up good luck bro

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dizzydave For This Useful Post:

Guardian Grow (30-11-17)

Thanks

good luck with your grow i will be watching.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttercup For This Useful Post:

Guardian Grow (01-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,851 Times

I'm along for the ride too! thinking of going DWC next year winter be interesting to see how you get along.

bigbadbillybob is a great old school grower and knows his way around water culture. heed is advice and you'll be smashing those big yields out before you know it,

good luck
    Currently Growing Royal Queen's Critical and Humboldt's Blue Dream in Wilma 2000 Watts - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-RQS-Critical

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nappa For This Useful Post:

bigbadbillybob (03-12-17), Guardian Grow (04-12-17)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast