Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Making a DIY Pollen Press!

Thanks

Default Making a DIY Pollen Press!

Alright folks? I've been meaning to get myself a press for ages now so I can make little hash pucks/coins whatever you want to call them, as I'm currently using bubble bags to make my hash and it's pissing me off - too much hassle etc.. Anyways, googled what the best press to get would be and found it was the piecemaker going for well over £100! So being the tight c**t I am I decided I'm gonna make my own. I've went on eBay and ordered a 100mm length of steel pipe with a 25mm inside diameter for about £6. Then ordered 2x 20mm long solid steel bar samples also 25mm diameter, for again around £6. The idea is to stick one of the bar samples in one end of the tube (and secure with tape so it can't fall out), pour in X amount of crystals collected from a sivv screen/grinder into the pipe so it sits on top of the bar sample. Then insert the other bar sample on top of the crystals so they are sandwiched in there inside the tube. Then I'm just gonna get a couple chunky bolts say 20mm diameter And maybe 100mm long - plug them in either end and crank it all up nice tight in my vice, boom! I'll add some pics as soon as the parts arrive. I think it'll make some nice little pucks which are convenient and easy to transport, might even engrave a design on the bar ends like a smiley face or something. Hopefully it works, save myself a good few quid there😃 WINNING

Peace👽✌🏻

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danj246 For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (02-12-17), GEORGE (24-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

two pencils, without the rubber yoke, nice flat end.
    tape a bit of 2 inch long paper, one inch above , scoop kief into the paper, slip the second pencil inside paper and holding both firmly push together. end up with wee pucks perfect for the bubbler. i never keep enough keif tho always end up sprinkling into my j’s

get some pics up, im intrested in seeing this pipe work.
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

Danj246 (23-11-17), GEORGE (24-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Danj246 View Post
    I've went on eBay and ordered a 100mm length of steel pipe with a 25mm inside diameter for about £6. Then ordered 2x 20mm long solid steel bar samples also 25mm diameter, for again around £6.
    Anyone spotting a problem with this yet

If the inside diameter of the tube is the same as the outer diameter of the rod, then they will not fit
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Danj246 (23-11-17), ERBURT (02-12-17), GEORGE (24-11-17)

farmguy Guest

As cheap as one item u bought an a nice handle on it to crank it good an tight an always works a treat for me

Atb

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to farmguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by farmguy View Post

As cheap as one item u bought an a nice handle on it to crank it good an tight an always works a treat for me

Atb
    I'll check that out, I've read alot of reviews saying that the cheaper one's threads don't stand up to pressure after a few shots..? Hoping my vice should do the trick nicely though

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Danj246 For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (02-12-17), GEORGE (24-11-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Anyone spotting a problem with this yet

If the inside diameter of the tube is the same as the outer diameter of the rod, then they will not fit
    Hmmm never thought about that to be fair. I thought it would make a snug fit but perhaps not! Might have to attempt to either widen the pipe or maybe grind a small amount material off the bars.. saying that all sizes are within a tolerance so with a bit of luck the pipe maybe very slightly wider than stated and the bars slightly narrower 😂🤞🏻I'll find out when they arrive

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Danj246 For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (02-12-17), GEORGE (24-11-17), M_C (23-11-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by farmguy View Post

Atb
    I couldn't get anything on that number/link fella? Also what is ATB, I've been wondering that?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danj246 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-11-17)

Thanks

Ive used the plastic film that you get in a cereal box, press it in that by hand then sqashed in the vice, fold it and squashed again a few times.
    Done it on a press brake same way, that was good, really solid block and it actually smokes better.
    Nice thought with the tube and bar, hopefully they will fit!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lazor_ears For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm new around here so excuse me for butting in but.... I'm not sure what you're looking to do. Are you taking dry sift and pressing it into a block?

If so, I stopped pressing my dry sift into pucks and started rolling them on a hot plate just like I do with my ice water (bubble bag) hash. Really improves the taste and the buzz.

I take the dry sift and put it between two pieces of parchment. Then, I roll it with a jar filled with hot water (ref: Frenchy Canoli Method). This breaks up all the little trichs and merges all the cannabinoids together. It goes from a powder to a 'clay' like consistency from the heat and pressure. Press it flat. Fold it over. Press it flat. Roll it over. Just like kneading bread.

Here's a shot of my last dry sift AFTER rolling.....

If I'm off base and that's not what you're doing...... never mind. LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fhash-3.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	353456  

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hackerman For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (23-11-17), Danj246 (23-11-17), ERBURT (02-12-17), GEORGE (24-11-17), M_C (23-11-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lazor_ears View Post
    Ive used the plastic film that you get in a cereal box, press it in that by hand then sqashed in the vice, fold it and squashed again a few times.
    Done it on a press brake same way, that was good, really solid block and it actually smokes better.
    Nice thought with the tube and bar, hopefully they will fit!
    Hey lazor ears yeah thats what im after - really dense solid blocks. I've experimented with other make shift ideas myself and it is possible to form a shape but I find they break apart too easy.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Danj246 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-11-17)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast