Thread: 1st time in coco, having issues.

Thanks

Default 1st time in coco, having issues.

I have 6 plants in coco useing h&g nutes and im having issues with runoff ph dropping to 5.5, growth seems slow and im reading conflicting info about how to feed.

So first i read that you want to feed at every water and not worry about runoff ph and never water with straight water, then in a stcky here i read that every 3rd watering should be straight water? I could use some help here.

Im feeding at around 500ppm and ph of 6.0-6.2 and getting runoff of 400ppm and 5.5 ph. Plants seem to be vegging slow and some purplish stems. I water daily to about 20% runoff in 3g fabric pots.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo1982 For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (29-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

can i see some pics of the plants mate.

whats your back ground EC (can we forget ppm and work from EC much better to work with) (background is the EC of your water straight from the tap)

forget checkin ya run off mate. you top feeding to waste ye?

coco is best every day but..... depends on there size and pot size and stage of there life cycle, hence why i need see pic.

hows temps lights on an off?
    what about the RH?

You need to PH at 5.8 for veg

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (29-11-17), nom (19-12-17), skippy (29-11-17)

Thanks

Keeping your ph bang on combined with using as low an ec as possible,( plants will tell you if they need more by looking pale and washed out) with a good run-off every time you feed will give you a trouble free grow.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kahlifakush420 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

did you get your coco problems solved mate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo1982 View Post
    I have 6 plants in coco useing h&g nutes and im having issues with runoff ph dropping to 5.5, growth seems slow and im reading conflicting info about how to feed.

So first i read that you want to feed at every water and not worry about runoff ph and never water with straight water, then in a stcky here i read that every 3rd watering should be straight water? I could use some help here.

Im feeding at around 500ppm and ph of 6.0-6.2 and getting runoff of 400ppm and 5.5 ph. Plants seem to be vegging slow and some purplish stems. I water daily to about 20% runoff in 3g fabric pots.

did you get your coco problems solved mate?