Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you top auto's

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

That's not a good idea to grow photos along side autos like the way you're doing.

At some point you have to flip to 12/12 for the photos to start flowering. When you do, the photos will double, even treble in height. If you wait till the auto is finished, the photos will be monsters. If you flip now, the auto will suffer.[/QUOTE]

Cheers for the advice mate, i totally understand what your saying yeah my plan was to keep them together in my veg room on an 18 - 6 hr program under a 600W MH dimmed to 400W and when it's time to flip i'll move the 3 photo's into my flowering room and leave the auto in the veg room and up the MH to 600W and maybe increase program to 20 - 4 hr, would this work ????? cheers my friend, G'.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fatha G' View Post
    Cheers for the advice mate, i totally understand what your saying yeah my plan was to keep them together in my veg room on an 18 - 6 hr program under a 600W MH dimmed to 400W and when it's time to flip i'll move the 3 photo's into my flowering room and leave the auto in the veg room and up the MH to 600W and maybe increase program to 20 - 4 hr, would this work ????? cheers my friend, G'.
    That would work, mate.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

G' (01-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    That would work, mate.
    Cheers buddy being a novice and only on my second grow I really rely and very much appreciate all the advice from you guys on the talk, cheers once again mate. G'.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ast.enthus View Post
    when you say time it right, do you mean by the node number?
    yes mate, 3rd true node seem be best time to do it

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

G' (01-12-17), Highspec (02-12-17)

Thanks

I was very reluctant to try and top an auto,as I read so many conflicting opinions about it.
    As I only grow one plant at a time,I was thinking,if I f**k up big time,it was going to set me back a lot.
    Topped a Gorilla Glue auto at 17 days old and it gave me my biggest yield yet!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to autobox For This Useful Post:

G' (03-12-17)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

I topped all 6 of mine, but I've had other issues with the space tbf so not as much as it should be but looks damn busy in the tent

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

G' (03-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Karsa View Post
    I topped all 6 of mine, but I've had other issues with the space tbf so not as much as it should be but looks damn busy in the tent

feck that was brave karsa.
    howd you manage it? stressful?
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

G' (03-12-17), Karsa (02-12-17)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Well I felt confident enough after reading around. Etc I topped and lst I have experience with other plants with lst and topping though I knew it as pinching out at the time. But wasn't sure where too. I looked at these strains when I placed my order and after reading a few diaries showed people topped autos with no issue as long as it was just once at the third node (removing the 4th) but yeah I was scared but they came good even though I flecked the ladies up in other ways. If it's your first time don't, I would have saved myself stress and worry if I hadn't for the first time on first grow. But it's worth doing as you should get larger yields if you do. But that's not on all so look at the stains and some grow diaries if any are out there to see results. Or when in doubt about it, ask

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

G' (03-12-17), lipnobody (02-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

^^^

But feck it up & prepare for much reduced yields...and remember, not all autos are equal
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

autobox (11-12-17), G' (03-12-17), Ironman (02-12-17), Karsa (02-12-17), lipnobody (02-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    ^^^

But feck it up & prepare for much reduced yields...and remember, not all autos are equal
    which ones have you had the most success mc?
    ive read that some autos dont like to be messed about at all. different strains etc, the less hybrid it is the better i know some will point out that autos are hybrids in their own rights, but hopefully youll catch the drift.
    bigger yields is always a bonus too

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

autobox (11-12-17), G' (03-12-17), Karsa (02-12-17)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast