Thread: First time grower needs some help.

Thanks

Default First time grower needs some help.

Hey everyone! I'm currently embarking on my first ever grow.

Although my Northern Light Auto Flower are growing well, I've started to noticed some concerning spots on the leaves.

Best way to describe my issues are:
    Some dried ends of leaves (they turn a dark pale green, and become very crispy)
    Yellow-dark orange rusy spots in the middle of the leaves, and towards some of the outer edges.
    Some very minor wilting (not a constant throughout the day)

I've attached some photos to this thread aswell.

Here is some info about my nutes and setup.
    Grow space - 3x3
    Pot size - 3.5 Gal
    Medium - Coco/Perlite
    Light - Optic 4 (30" above canopy, raised it up to help promote stretching)
    Nutes - Flora Trio
    Co2 - Exhale 365
    Water - Tap water (I've checked water reports, it all looks good)
    Plant Age - 4 Weeks
    Strain - Norther Lights Autoflower CKS

Average temp inside my tent is 78f (this is from a covered thermometer about 1-2 inches above canopy, I have a couple moisture/temp monitors that are directly under the light that are reading 84-85f, but I've heard that radiant light can cause the thermostats to read higher).

Also the last thing I think is fairly important to mention is I just kicked into flowering. Buds are VERY small so far. Maybe half to a 1/3 the size of a pea. I haven't yet given them flower nutrients just based on the fact I might have given them nutrient burn.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Hope all the info helps, if you need anymore let me know!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2771.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	353749   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2770.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	353751   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2769.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	353752   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2768.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	353753   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2766.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	353754  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FromSeedtoStoned For This Useful Post:

SmobyToker#1 (03-12-17)

Thanks

Have an update:

The burn starts as a bright orange burn, will slowly singe an area, then leaves the area with a grey-pale green color that is crisp and hard to the touch.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Ok mate thats looking a lot like bug damage and or water splash from feeding whilst lamps are on or not long after. The minor wilting im guessing is straight after they are woke up by lamps? This is normal, take a look in the dark, sometimes mine look like a stem with no leaves as they all hanging down so far lol.

I have no experience with led but i do know a lot of ppl burn their plants with them thinking they can be close or closer than hps, this is not the case they need be as far as hps or more.

Dont know the brand nutes either, but that soil doesnt look like its had that plant in it long, 2-3 weeks tops?so could you be inro'ing nutrients to an already rich nutriented soil? Best way is to put them on water for a few feeds, see if the bottom leaves start to yellow, if so then start hitting with the flower nutes. You may need to use some grow at poiunts too, not sure if you can mix them together but you should know that. best o luck mate
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out