Thread: 1 plant has stopped growing

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 3

Default Answered: 1 plant has stopped growing

I’ve got 4 plants in the 600mm grodan slabs,2 from seed and 2 clones. All 4 were growing fine then about 2 wk’s ago one of the clones has really slowed down its growing, they doubled in size over the 1st 2 was but in the 2nd 2 was it’s sister has doubled again while this ones only grown a few inches, they’re right next to each other.
    the only thing I’ve noticed is it wasn’t getting as much fan as the others. I’ve got a 6 inch extractor through a filter and a fan inside, like I said she wasn’t getting as much so I’ve rigged another fan to fix it.
    Could it have been in a dead spot for air and would that stunt it?

The war on drugs is a failure

2. "rootbound is usually when the roots fill the medium and have nowhere else to go. I don't think that's your situation, they should have easily grown into the rockwool. my buddy had a problem with dry pockets in his slabs, was the rockwool good and wet where the plant was? I can't see it being an air issue if the other plants were doing good.

got a pic of the plant you pulled, did it look sick?"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gloves For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-12-17)

Thanks

And it’s a flood and drain set up, sorry I forgot to add that

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gloves For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-12-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gloves View Post
    I’ve got 4 plants in the 600mm grodan slabs,2 from seed and 2 clones. All 4 were growing fine then about 2 wk’s ago one of the clones has really slowed down its growing, they doubled in size over the 1st 2 was but in the 2nd 2 was it’s sister has doubled again while this ones only grown a few inches, they’re right next to each other.
    the only thing I’ve noticed is it wasn’t getting as much fan as the others. I’ve got a 6 inch extractor through a filter and a fan inside, like I said she wasn’t getting as much so I’ve rigged another fan to fix it.
    Could it have been in a dead spot for air and would that stunt it?

Pulled this sucker a few wk’s ago, I think it was root bound, dodgy clones. It grew for a few wk’s then shit itself, when I looked at the roots they hadn’t grown into the medium at all they were all still in the clone potting mix,
    That’s root bound right?

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times
    Provided Answers: 87

you got any pictures?

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 2

rootbound is usually when the roots fill the medium and have nowhere else to go. I don't think that's your situation, they should have easily grown into the rockwool. my buddy had a problem with dry pockets in his slabs, was the rockwool good and wet where the plant was? I can't see it being an air issue if the other plants were doing good.

got a pic of the plant you pulled, did it look sick?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Governale View Post
    rootbound is usually when the roots fill the medium and have nowhere else to go. I don't think that's your situation, they should have easily grown into the rockwool. my buddy had a problem with dry pockets in his slabs, was the rockwool good and wet where the plant was? I can't see it being an air issue if the other plants were doing good.

got a pic of the plant you pulled, did it look sick?
    Na it looked fine just and grew better than its sister for the 1st 2-3 wk’s then it just stopped, I pulled 4 wk’s into but as i was worried it would rot and cause disease, it had budded but was doing nothing and a lot was dying.
    When I pulled apart the medium the bottom of the pot material the clones came in had lots of little rouos sticking out maybe 5mm into the RW but that was it, they didn’t grow into the RW anymore, I was thinking root bound as the roots seemed bound in the original shape, roots didn’t leave the clone pot material at all