Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 6 Weeks Into Veg

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Are you just feeding plain water?

You gotta get those lights off temps up mate. They will start to stretch now you've flipped to 12/12. Those temps compound the issue. Can you get an oil rad or blow heater on a timer?

Sent from, Thames Iron Works.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

the green rooms (15-01-18)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Setup.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	355417Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tent.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	355419

Pics aren't great but this is my setup.

The tent is full up width ways - I have to now have one plant in front of the other. Otherwise they're colliding. Think I'll have to cancel the idea of ever having more than 2 plants in this tent (80cm x 80cm x 160cm)

My intake fan is now off. I couldn't achieve neg pressure with it on.

I have left the ducting in place and am thinking about blowing my old little fan into it for intake. At the moment its just passive.

Intake is on the left - outtake is on the right.

Thanks

Ironman - yeah just plain water (sat for 24 hours and kept in the grow room)

I have an electric heater on. It doesn't matter if I have it coming on an hour before or all day it only seems to raise the temps to 16-18. I don't really like the idea of having it on all day aswell. (fire hazard + electric bill?)

I have thought about the idea of an oil rad but again its cost and the worry of something going wrong whilst im not there

will the cooler temps just limit my potential yield or could it be doing more damage than that?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to the green rooms For This Useful Post:

Ironman (15-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by the green rooms View Post
    Ironman - yeah just plain water (sat for 24 hours and kept in the grow room)

I have an electric heater on. It doesn't matter if I have it coming on an hour before or all day it only seems to raise the temps to 16-18. I don't really like the idea of having it on all day aswell. (fire hazard + electric bill?)

I have thought about the idea of an oil rad but again its cost and the worry of something going wrong whilst im not there

will the cooler temps just limit my potential yield or could it be doing more damage than that?
    Possibly, but only as far as the stretching is concerned. Buds will not be as dense.

Be ready for them to double or even triple in size over the next week or so.

This is where a controller pays for itself. I have a blow heater in my g room and that turns on for 60 seconds once every half hour or so. It's very hard to get dialled in, I've been there, I grow in my shed so it's really hard to manually regulate the environment. I Have an 80 x 80 tent for seedlings, I get your point with only doing 1 next time.😉

Sent from, Thames Iron Works.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

the green rooms (22-01-18)

Thanks

Thanks Ironman I will look into blow heaters and fan controllers.

So it's been 3 weeks since I have flipped and I am happy with how things are going.

Temps are still too low - night time around 12-14c with humidity at 70%

daytime around 20c with humidity around 45%.

From now I am going to leave my extraction fan on 24/7 - this should combat my high night time humidty? Is it safe to leave the extraction fan on all the time? I have just passive intake for now.

I still have used no nutes but remember did repot into John Innes No.2 about 2-3 weeks before flip.

I am not sure if I have mentioned this but I am using the 'One to one' strain. I picked this for medical reasons and hopefully will be a nice smoke too

Let me know what you think

Name:	_DSC6316.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	355737Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC6328.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	355738Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC6329.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	355739Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC6331.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	355740

as you can see I am running out of room - the back plant is nearly too close to the light.. not sure what to do about this. Can I expect the plant to get much taller?

Thanks

Also..

Some how picked up this

Name:	_DSC6325.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	355741

its not very focused I was using the wrong camera lens.

It's a little sprout! Whats going on there

Thanks

Five weeks since flip!

So I went away for 4 nights on holiday and give my 2 plants their first feed the night before.
    To my relief every looked fine when I got back. However there was a damp smell coming from the tent - this seems to have died down now though (I got back last friday)

The main issue now is purple leaves! I have been reading on here and it looks like it could be down to my crazy temperature swings. I have seen it go as low as 12 with lights off.

I have now fixed the temp issue by bringing in a dehumidifier which is keeping the tent below 40% all the time

Here are the purple leaves, looks kinda cool not sure how worried I should be about them? I have been feeding Old Timers Bloom 2/3ml per litre and feeding/watering every 3-4 days

Name:	_DSC6427.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	356390Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC6429.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	356391

Thanks

Here are some more pictures of them

Name:	_DSC6431.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	356392Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC6437.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	356393Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC6440.jpg 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	356394Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC6443.jpg 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	356395
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC6445.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	356396  

Thanks

Do you think I Should tydy up the bottom of my bushier plant? There are leaves everywhere and wondering if I should chop them off

Name:	_DSC6442.jpg 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	356397Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC6445.jpg 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	356398

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6