Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 6 Weeks Into Veg

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Sorry mate I can't bite me lip any longer but...
    You got to somehow some way get rid of that miracle grow its f.. King you over and you don't know it
    Through out a cannabis plants life it will need different types of nutrients, in veg it will want nitrogen then through to flower less so
    With normal soil after so long the soil nutrients will run out and we take over and feed them different foods to maximise our harvest
    What miracle grow will do is yes feed your plant from seed to harvest
    but when you should be adding flowering nutes miracle grow nutes will be there to screw you over with its time release shite in it
    Don't try to grow cannabis to your needs you'll lose
    Grow to the plants needs you'll be golden
    And you've come to the right site to learn fella
    Atb
    Last edited by Greengrass; 08-12-17 at 01:31 AM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-12-17), Memphis69 (11-12-17), nom (03-01-18), SmobyToker#1 (08-12-17), the green rooms (12-12-17), Valentina (23-12-17)

Thanks

And hate to bang on but any perlite in there?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-12-17), Memphis69 (11-12-17), SmobyToker#1 (08-12-17), the green rooms (12-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

What they all said.^^^ Get your self some 25L pots, and use a different kind of soil, and repot them up with about 40% perlite. Are you in the UK? If you are in the USA, you can get all kinds of Organic Soil at Wallyworld, they carry several different kinds. I like the Just Nature Organic, and WhoolyCow, which is a mix of Peat and other good stuff. Good luck, and let us know with your diary how things are going.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (08-12-17), SmobyToker#1 (08-12-17), the green rooms (12-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,851 Times

Quote Originally Posted by the green rooms View Post
    Cheers Nappa, needed a message like that.

This has been a lot harder than I thought and is actually my 3rd attempt as I have had major issues with temps (growing in the loft)

I am currrently using a 250watt lamp. I think they are small due to the heat issues I was having. They are 11 litre pots and looking back I have no idea why I didn't fill them to the top.

I water every 4-5 days but I do spray the top of the soil every day to help increase humidity with lights on which is around 30 %

I will get some more pictures up tomorrow and probably should start a diary.

I have a feeling this is gonna be a tough couple of months
    I promise you it's a hell of a lot easier than we make it look. Just need the right tools for your base and away you go, I didn't know you was struggling with Temps didn't think to ask.

List all your equipment, Temps and humidity (day and night) and we'll have you on your way in no time. I'm a coco grower with very little soil experience but I'll try my best as I'm sure others will too.

Dont stress we'll spin this bitch around and have you growing some of the finest ganja you have ever smoked for years to come. It's what thctalk's all about. I learned most of what I know from old school growers on here who helped me along my way it'll be a pleasure to do the same for you
    Currently Growing Royal Queen's Critical and Humboldt's Blue Dream in Wilma 2000 Watts - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-RQS-Critical

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nappa For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-12-17), Greengrass (08-12-17), nom (03-01-18), SmobyToker#1 (04-01-18), the green rooms (12-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Poster, i suggest potting up into slighter bigger containers in diff soil. so your plants grow into that, first flush out the shitty miracle grow soil with water, then repot from say 8litres (whatever they are) and repot to 12-15 litres give a week or so to root out then flip to flower, the new soil should offer some feed for now and the plant will have some success, but going the way you are you will have nothing but a fuck up, you came here to here the truth. and that has been given, but you chhose not to do it. well at youre peril, i hope you are not back in a few weeks complaining about how crap it is. cos you were given sound advice many times mate, and sometimes we gotta do things we dont wanna in this game, laziness gets you a shitty harvest if at all. Dont mean to be brash but i had to say it
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-12-17), Greengrass (08-12-17)

Thanks

Heyup matey if you read this I apologise for the harsh reply but believe or not the lads and lasses are here to help you out
    can I ask if the Mg soil is their organic soil (green bag)
    Or their chemical fertiliser? Either way by the looks of it it has no perlite added so roots will be choking with no air
    No idea if it's your first time growing but I'm on my 5th and still count my self as a noob so take this with a pinch of salt if you want but....
    today I see you have 3 options if your using the chemical soil
    A/ carry on trying to finish to harvest with the miracle grow get pissed off, sell your kit and go back to a dealer for a piss poor amount
    B/ do what smobytoker says and repot with a good soil, with cannabis growing in mind, I use old timers soil but many more and don't forget perlite

Option c might be controversial but you could Ditch those plants,
    Order some 8 week autos here in UK took 2 days to arrive from Spain, and visit a grow shop for soil there are many around or next day delivery grab some £12 - £15 for 50 litres enough food in it for 4 weeks then you just purchase old timers organic bloom £10

My guess is either options B or C will have the same time line to either turn those around or seed to weed in 10-12 weeks with new seeds
    For me I'd choose smobytoker advice
    Atb
    Last edited by Greengrass; 08-12-17 at 01:19 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-12-17), SmobyToker#1 (08-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Yep well said Innerself. Listen to this guy mate, hes only done 5 but hes learnt, and keen to pass it on. The 2 options b, c are best imo. But, before all that, whats wrong with your groom? Why is temp an issue? Do you have good air flow, can you get rid of the heat? If not then the loft is a no grow zone. Next option a tent in a room. I know they are pricey but ive seen 1.2 m square tents for 50 notes on e bay. With the pipe work going in / out of the tent, you have 1 pipe nr an openish window and the other extraction pipe headed towards the bedroom door blowing out into the hall. This will give you free heating and also more control. This i suspect is your issue after readingh that, cold in dark, too hot in light, never going to be happy, ive had plants 3 times that size in 6 litre pots with no perlite. Perlite is a good idea though and id use it imo. I bet your roots have hardly grown in that compost from the cold / heat. I didnt mean to sound harsh earlier, it just grinds my gears a bit when ppl ask for help, get it then totally discredit or blow out the advice for one reason or another, lzy or what i dunno, but if ya want ur own Veed, you gott get with the programme or it will be back to shoite street weed at 1.5 for a tenner or whatever it goes for lately. atb

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-12-17), Greengrass (08-12-17)

Thanks

Thanks all, I was in no way discrediting the initial advice at all.

I’m a little worried about repotting it to be honest but after your helpful replies I’m off to b n q in a bit to get bigger pots and better soil.

I think air flow is causing the excessive heat. With passive intake just not cutting it.

I’ve got around that now by having a vent on my groom with a fan blowing into it.

But that then means I am without negative pressure when extractor fan is on. So I really need to spend time on getting a proper intake fan set up. I am currently extracting out around the eaves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to the green rooms For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-12-17), Greengrass (08-12-17), Nappa (12-12-17), SmobyToker#1 (11-12-17)

Thanks

I’ll have a search on it later but does any one have any tips on repotting at this stage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the green rooms For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-12-17), Greengrass (08-12-17), SmobyToker#1 (04-01-18)

Thanks

I take it your UK then when you say B and q
    Before you purchase pots and soil
    Google your city with grow shop on the end and if you have means of transport pop along these shops sell the exact soil you need and 15 litre pots with nice big drain holes for a £1 not those scalpers b n q
    With re potting into better soil I've only done once

Fill new tub with good soil and perlite (30- 40%) soil is usually dry ish but depends on where it's been stored, lift the pots to get and idea of the weight this way you can tell when watering is needed
    Take a couple of cups back out for room for plant and you want your soil close to the lip of the tub
    Get a glass or two of tap water that has been stood for 24 hours to leech of the chlorine, water the soil and then get your hand in and mix the soil up try to remove any big lumps and don't pack the soil in
    Get some news paper down now run long knife around the inside of the tub to ease plant from your pot tilt on side, slide onto paper
    Now try to remove as much of that miracle grow as possible this will depend on how wet the dirt is
    but do not damage those roots, and I'm guessing root ball is going to be small anyway, you can leave some dirt on if you get worried
    Now scoop out room in the new soil to accommodate your roots just above half way down should do it, now fill in around plant while supporting it now very lightly water
    Now give them time to recover mate, in soil everything takes time to see change so don't go panicking.
    a bit of root stimulant can help to de stress it I believe but never used
    that's the way I repotted once but I'm betting there is a better way from the seasoned growers here
    GL mate hope whatever you choose to do works out
    Last edited by Greengrass; 08-12-17 at 08:12 PM.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-12-17), MonsterEnergy (05-01-18), SmobyToker#1 (04-01-18), the green rooms (12-12-17)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast