Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 6 Weeks Into Veg

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Or if you cant get to a grow shop, just roll on down to wickes and buy a soil called "jacks magic" its brilliant soil and ideal for growing canna. Again, like innerself says use around 30% perlite in the mix. when repotting ease the plant out the pot, so as not to disturb roots, if ant extra clumps fall away it generally means it has nor been rooted into much, The plan is to put them in 15 litre pots of soil, you have used 8 of that with MG so reoughly you need 10 litrtes of new soil. but really thats more like 7- after adding perlite. All you want is for the plant to root into the new compost and recover a bit, give it a week , ten days or so, in a dialled in groom. then flip to flower. atb
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (11-12-17), nom (03-01-18), the green rooms (12-12-17)

Thanks

Repotted today using the advice given - thanks again

Was a bit of a challenge and had to ask the wife for help. Couldn't quite get all the soil off but most of it. I am worried about any damage I may have caused but I guess it had to be done

only managed to get 11 litre pots - but they are fuller this time. Using john innes number two compost - heard mixed reviews but it's the best I could get.

Found the nearest grow shop is just under an hour away so will make sure I get there for my next grow for
    Bigger pots and good compost

Will hopefully start posting more and uploading pictures - life just gets so busy.

Thanks again wish me luck!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the green rooms For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (13-12-17), nom (03-01-18), SmobyToker#1 (13-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

All the best mate
    Can take a while before you see any results
    And if you let us all know how it ends up, can help others in turn

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

SmobyToker#1 (13-12-17), the green rooms (21-12-17)

Thanks

Bigger pots and better soil like the others said would help you 100%, I can't talk from experience as I grow in Canna coco but I also have soil and compost ready to try next growth! Let us know how it goes after you've done the changes bud

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kami For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (13-12-17), nom (03-01-18), SmobyToker#1 (13-12-17), the green rooms (21-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Quote Originally Posted by the green rooms View Post
    Repotted today using the advice given - thanks again

Was a bit of a challenge and had to ask the wife for help. Couldn't quite get all the soil off but most of it. I am worried about any damage I may have caused but I guess it had to be done

only managed to get 11 litre pots - but they are fuller this time. Using john innes number two compost - heard mixed reviews but it's the best I could get.

Found the nearest grow shop is just under an hour away so will make sure I get there for my next grow for
    Bigger pots and good compost

Will hopefully start posting more and uploading pictures - life just gets so busy.

Thanks again wish me luck!
    Hi mate, i'm only on my second grow and have read this thread with great interest, i had pretty much the same problem as you, my first grow i was given 3 plants which were already in 11ltr pots though i had never grown canna before i have always been a keen plant and vegetable grower so it didn't take too long for me to realize things were not right and after asking who gave me the plants found out they were in the dreaded miracle grow that along with spider mite had me scratching my head wondering what to do, i joined the talk and the guys on here soon helped me turn things around and from one of the plants where at one stage looked like i would get nothing finally gave me just over 4oz the other 2 giving me just over 3oz apiece, so just over 10oz i got due to the guys on the talk, i now know not to go anywhere near that M/G shite, i am lucky in having a grow shop within 10 minutes ride but if for some reason i can't make the trip i often order my batmix off Ebay, 16 quid for 50 ltrs delivered to my door next day so don't be afraid to use Ebay my friend all these types of delivery come in plain wrapping, listen to the guys on the talk mate their advice is sound and they have me well on my way to my second crop which is looking real good, when your girls get turned around post a few pics mate, looking forward to any updates, happy growing buddy, good luck, G'.
    Last edited by G'; 13-12-17 at 05:02 AM. Reason: mistake

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (13-12-17), SmobyToker#1 (04-01-18), the green rooms (21-12-17)

Thanks

So it's been just over a week since the repot - new soil is now john innes number two compost. Temps have been around 26-28 with lights on and 16-18 with lights off (I know this isn't ideal - I have an electric heater on throughout their sleeping hours)
    One thing that does worry me is humidity is as high as 80% when lights are off.

I was expecting the plants to look poorly for the first couple of days after the repot but they never really changed in appearance.

My bushier one is looking good I think - plenty of new growth and no signs of yellowing. It is a bit bent since the repot though - this did lead to me trying to bend the other stems outward towards the light (my first experience of LST?)

There were alot of yellow and dying leaves at the bottom of my bushier one so I trimmed it up a bit. Before and after pics below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Before Trim.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	354622Click image for larger version. 

Name:	After Trim.jpg 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	354623

The skinnier one doesn't really look any different - and it still seems to be suffering a little. Anyone know why I have one much bushier than the other? Conditions have been the same for both.

Name:	skinny.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	354624Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skinny close up.jpg 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	354625

So overall I think atleast one of my plants is alot happier in the new soil.

I am hoping to flip this Sunday - that would make it 8 weeks in veg

Thanks for all your replies, I dont get chance to post much but I do appreciate everyone's messages

Cheers
    Dan

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the green rooms For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (22-12-17), nom (03-01-18), SmobyToker#1 (04-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,032 Times

try give them another week in veg ... it will make a lot of difference at the end... get the roots going... root growth drops drastically when they,re on 12/12

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carpetburn For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (22-12-17), nom (03-01-18), SmobyToker#1 (04-01-18), the green rooms (27-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Looks fine there mate and like carpet says another week atleast before you flip It could have stalled for a few weeks so add those on to your expected finishing time, all the work will be going on under the dirt now and try get lights off temps up around 24 - 25 that should help with the humidity or look into an electric dehumidifier as I found out those aero 360 dehumidifiers blocks are useless, I know it's more cost but I took my eye off my humidity and it rose to 60+ and bud rot bit me in the ass
    Temps below 19 can slow them down
    let us all know how they get on
    Atb
    Last edited by Greengrass; 22-12-17 at 11:59 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

carpetburn (26-12-17), nom (03-01-18), SmobyToker#1 (04-01-18), the green rooms (27-12-17)

Thanks

So they had two days on 12 hours light and then I seen these replies so I reverted back to 18/6 I'll keep it on this schedule until Sunday which would have been a further 6 days. Hope the two days on 12 hours won't harm it

The bushier one is really coming along nicely now.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the green rooms For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-01-18), Greengrass (03-01-18), SmobyToker#1 (04-01-18)

Thanks

So I flipped on Sunday and took a couple of photos just before

Name:	Chunky_1024x682.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	355045 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skinny_1024x682.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	355046 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skinny & Chunky_1024x682.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	355047

The skinny one has got a lot taller but still not as bushy as the other. Skinny one also has browning on some leaves. I still don't have much idea on providing nutes but its something I will look into now (maybe I dont need nutes? as I am now using new soil - John Innes No.2)

I think the repot was a success.

Up until now I haven't been using my extraction fan and have simply left a vent open with a fan blowing fresh air in.

I hopefully have my intake fan arriving today so that will change and hoping for negative pressure.

Night time temps are still a struggle - I have an electric heater on a timer coming on for 8 of the 12 night time hours. Just before the lights come on temps are around 16.

Glad I only did 2 plants and not 4 - it's getting a bit bushy in there now. Will post some more pics in a few days

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to the green rooms For This Useful Post:

carpetburn (16-01-18), GEORGE (05-01-18), ggotch (03-01-18), Greengrass (03-01-18), nom (03-01-18), SmobyToker#1 (04-01-18)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast