Thread: Small Veg Cupboard - Extractor & CFL Shroud Recommendations

Thanks

Default Small Veg Cupboard - Extractor & CFL Shroud Recommendations

Hi guys, long time no post
    I've built a small veg cupboard

I've got a 200w blue spec CFL but need a shroud as the weight causes it to bow?
    The heat did slowly accumlate without an extrator
    So looking for an extractor, got a 6" hole currently.

I did have a cheap plastic 6" inline fan but really wasen't very good, nothing compared to the 6" RVK which almost sucks the big tent in half lol

So looking for some sort of middle ground, can be smaller in " if needed but ideally looking cheapish suggestion, eBay is full of generic shit

Cheers

My Grow Diaries

1st - Master Kush No 1 - 14oz Dry turned hermaphrodite
    2nd - LSD -Train Wreck - Girl Scout Cookie - Chocolate Skunk - 3.8oz Dry turned hermaphrodite

Current
    3rd - Bulk Cheese & Purple Kush

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

M_C (06-12-17), Valentina (11-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Shark did something similar a few year ago, take a look & see what ideas you can rob - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ealth-cupboard
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Html33 (10-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Html33 View Post
    I've built a small veg cupboard

I've got a 200w blue spec CFL but need a shroud as the weight causes it to bow?
    The heat did slowly accumlate without an extrator
    So looking for an extractor, got a 6" hole currently.

I did have a cheap plastic 6" inline fan but really wasen't very good, nothing compared to the 6" RVK which almost sucks the big tent in half lol

So looking for some sort of middle ground, can be smaller in " if needed but ideally looking cheapish suggestion, eBay is full of generic shit

Cheers
    Rvk is a good mid range fan. You could get a variac for the 6 rvk thst you have. Or get a smaller rvk you can get them 2nd hand for pennys

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

Html33 (10-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrNice View Post
    Rvk is a good mid range fan. You could get a variac for the 6 rvk thst you have. Or get a smaller rvk you can get them 2nd hand for pennys

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Yeah man, already got a variac so can use it but kinda wanted the fan inside the cupboard (well the cupboard next to this) but the cases are so big compared to the 6" tube lol
    But yeah im keeping the look out for a cheap s/h 4" rvk i think would be good

I also like the look of the SunMate CFL holder

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

budfarmer (13-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Html33 View Post

I think you may have a light leak there, mate.

;-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    I think you may have a light leak there, mate.

;-)
    Haha,
    Light leak fixed :P was orginially going to be the inlet vent, but obviously due to the light leak that won't work so drilled a 4" hole in the lower half of the cupboard and then when the door is shut it is dark

Sorry quite an update, been busy and not really thought to update this but any way
    In the end just used the 6" RVK & Variac i already had, works really well actually so no added expense there.
    I already had the Blue Spec 200W CFL (swapped from a 300w, wish i kept now i have better air flow)

Bought a better shroud from eBay second hand, picked up one of the PowerPlant CFL holders, which also came with another blue spec 250w and 250w red spec - £40!

So, flipped them about 8 days ago, switched the lamp last night
    Doing really well, 2 Tripple Cheese in there at the moment.

Temps are perfectly controllable with the InkBird i have which is setup to turn the extractor fan off when target temp is met, when the lamp brings it back to 26c it pulls back to 25

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

M_C (10-02-18)