Thread: Root mass

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,525 Times

Default Root mass

Just finished OG kush grow,got very good results but as always looking to improve the final result.
    Whilst breaking up the coco for dump I noticed that the outer edges of the coco broke away very easly and gave me concern that I was not giving the roots as much attension as I do whats going on above,so thought it would be good idea to ask others what there tips are on getting a great root mass.In my case it could be the strain which was a short bushy plant though great yielder.
    I veg in 15lt pots for 5 weeks,use Coco A/B nuets,rhizo,in veg.
    Photos would be great so I have comparison.
    Rushin this thread,busy,so if I think of more to ask will do later.
    I saw the rain-dirty valley
    You saw Brigadoon

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

i find potting up helps although not recommended for autos,

i go from 1lt>3lt>6.5lt>>11lt, those plants all had filled the pots before they were re-potted,
    three Sour Og's went straight into 6.5lt pots and the roots unlike those that were re-potted still haven't reached the bottom even after the same veg time,

the ones that were potted up have a much larger root mass, i will try and get pictures later tonight if i can,

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

skippy (07-12-17)

Guest Guest

Putting up regularly helps a lot. I used to jump straight to my final pot asap and often got poor roots.
    A mycorrhizal fungi, will massively improve your root system. I use great white shark. Have a read up about them online. Very interesting how try colonise the root system and develop a symbiotic relationship with the plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

skippy (07-12-17)

Thanks

Thanks for imput.
    Ye I do pot up,usuall method is soon seed roots show through pellet,i pot up into 2ltr bio degradable pots,then again when roots show I put into final 15ltr pot.
    The mycorrhizal fungi is interesting ,would feeding every day with light run off flush it out ?
    Guess I am looking for explosive growth you know when I peel off the fibre pot I see pure thick healthy roots,that have pruned themselves and growin into centre of mass,if I have explained it prop.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,845 Times

Take a look at this mate

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...k-v-Rhizotonic

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Twisted For This Useful Post:

skippy (07-12-17)

Thanks

lol,thanks for that one,2nd pic in BL thread is exactly what I am looking for,going to try Great white..going back to read more..thanks again.