Thread: Diatomaceous earth

Thanks

Default Diatomaceous earth

What are the thoughts on using Diatomaceous earth to control pests on plants.
    Totally organic and food grade.
    If used on coco would it affect PH and would it effect nutrients if used to much ?
    Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to old guy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Diatamaceous earth is the dogs bollocks, but sure it would raise ph in coco, soil no problems. I used it to cure a spidermite infection in my veg cab and flower tent, worked a treat.. pics of my veg cab in my post and will be updating later on today to give peeps a good look at how well the DE worked. It turns our plants into "The Forbidden Planet",, I swore I could hear the wee fuckers asking each other how the fuck they could get off this planet, GITS.. but they gone now.. in both areas i placed it just about everywhere, there is some shit about not breathing i the dust but it gets wet if the dust gets in ones mouth anyway so perhaps just ott scaremongering?

If using in soil it also gives out natural silcon if watering from the top.. useless as pest control when wet, but it dries and goes back to being the ultimate defence, fuck those in this game that will sell you this that and the other and massively inflated prices taking good honest hard working folk for absoulte mugs, DE is the dogs,, I also used harkers too to deal with the spider mites which helped loads but the DE did them in in the end, to survive they would have to learn how to make body armour.. and not just mites, every single soft bodied insect good or bad is fucked.

Hope this helps.. deffo worth the investment as it can be applied to the leaves in veg as my old post shows.

coco may be a no no though,, soil is a big thumbs up!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ProgressiveParsnip For This Useful Post:

old guy (09-12-17)

Thanks

Thanks for the informative reply...I can tell you love the stuff lol...

Thanks

It is effective, my friend has used DE.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Time to order some DE!

pls excuse autocorrect. i am high of course.