Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soil grow- orange rust spots and purple stems?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Default Soil grow- orange rust spots and purple stems?

Evening

Love some wisdom on this if you can spare your thoughts

Soild grow in week 7 or 8 of veg. Black magic soi mix which I found out had slow release nutes in, Never added anything other than rhizotonic. I gave her a real good flush 3 days ago and run off bright yellow

Slow growth
    Smaller root ball (repotted today)
    Looks droopy
    New growth lighter green ( strain is dark green genetics )
    Bright orange rust spots on bottom fan leaves
    New stem growth is purple

Is this a P or K deficiency? Cal mag?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-12-17), Ginger-bud (14-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,149 Times

Looks kinda like a manganese deffo to me but wait for a more experienced member to confirm or squash that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Memphis69 For This Useful Post:

gardro (09-12-17), GEORGE (09-12-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis69 View Post
    Looks kinda like a manganese deffo to me but wait for a more experienced member to confirm or squash that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks mate it could be a lock out problem. Local water is really hard at 275ppm solids and high pH 7s

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-12-17)

Thanks

Anyone else have any ideas or have seen this before?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-17)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Anyone else have any ideas or have seen this before?
    I'd agree with memphis but I am too inexperienced to say confidentiality.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

gardro (11-12-17), GEORGE (14-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Sounds locked out to me mate, so if you arte soil, does that mean you are NOT ph'ing anything ? Hope so... Slow release is a bastad. How long a period does it release buddy? I would expect to see negative results from the off in that soil so it may not be due to slow release ferts in it.
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Sounds locked out to me mate, so if you arte soil, does that mean you are NOT ph'ing anything ? Hope so... Slow release is a bastad. How long a period does it release buddy? I would expect to see negative results from the off in that soil so it may not be due to slow release ferts in it.
    Hi mate yeah not pHing at all. They have been repotted into 16L with canna pro plus soil after a 20L rinse through when they were in 5L pots. Run off was nearly orange in colour! TBH now they are looking much much better dont know if down to the soil or the flush or both. The slow ferts were supposed to last around 30 days so I reckon (hope) they've dissolved now

Im using filtered rain water now too since I found out my local water was over ph 8 at times and around 275ppm. Rainwater is collected off a clean shed roof and is 14ppm!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-17), SmobyToker#1 (14-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Just use tap water mate 14ppm is not covering trace elements and could well end up causing problems and defs in the long run. Its a nice idea using rain water but that water is also contaminated and whilst good for outdoor crops you would with 14 ppm need to supplement with cal, mag and other trace amounts. With tap water it is mostly sterile, mostly ph neutral and also carries rock salts in it. Which our plants love. I strongly suggest (after doing the same as you and ending up with some nasty kind of nematode infection) not using that rain water mate, ask around im sure people will say the same. When ive paid out all this money for boom tings like canna coco and canna boost ra ra ra no way am i letting the house fall down on something like water. Why are you using that? Regards the repot good call, this is why it is improving buddy as the roots spread into it and find a good equilibrium between plant root and soil, backed up by a reasonable pnk ratio not that whack MG shite thats full of uric nitrogen and shite . atb

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Just use tap water mate 14ppm is not covering trace elements and could well end up causing problems and defs in the long run. Its a nice idea using rain water but that water is also contaminated and whilst good for outdoor crops you would with 14 ppm need to supplement with cal, mag and other trace amounts. With tap water it is mostly sterile, mostly ph neutral and also carries rock salts in it. Which our plants love. I strongly suggest (after doing the same as you and ending up with some nasty kind of nematode infection) not using that rain water mate, ask around im sure people will say the same. When ive paid out all this money for boom tings like canna coco and canna boost ra ra ra no way am i letting the house fall down on something like water. Why are you using that? Regards the repot good call, this is why it is improving buddy as the roots spread into it and find a good equilibrium between plant root and soil, backed up by a reasonable pnk ratio not that whack MG shite thats full of uric nitrogen and shite . atb
    Ok mate I will ditch the rain water idea. Had someone telling me the pH of local water is a bit alkaline and causing the lock outs of nutrients. But then again rain water is pretty rank thinking about it

Getting yellow tips on new growth last couple of days so I think the new mix is hot for a while. Only a week of nutrients in canna pro plus so I will just let it wear off.

Still have red/ purple stems so don't know if I need a calmag feed?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-12-17), SmobyToker#1 (14-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Evening

Love some wisdom on this if you can spare your thoughts

Soild grow in week 7 or 8 of veg. Black magic soi mix which I found out had slow release nutes in, Never added anything other than rhizotonic. I gave her a real good flush 3 days ago and run off bright yellow

Slow growth
    Smaller root ball (repotted today)
    Looks droopy
    New growth lighter green ( strain is dark green genetics )
    Bright orange rust spots on bottom fan leaves
    New stem growth is purple

Is this a P or K deficiency? Cal mag?

Looks like one of my leaves, MC says it is just N release. Mine look more yellow than orange, but almost the same.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

gardro (14-12-17), SmobyToker#1 (14-12-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast