Thread: First Time Hydro Wilma 4 pot v2 system with Hydroton

Thanks

Question First Time Hydro Wilma 4 pot v2 system with Hydroton

Hi guys

I have just received my package with a kit for 600w wilma 4 11l pot drip line system.

I would like to find out if any more nutes will be needed with my coco feed A and B, and my PR 13/14
    and what schedule I should run based on using rockwool first for germination than of course into Hydroton.

Has anyone followed a similar system with only those nutes and gotten away with producing a fair amount of yeild or should I be adding more?

Again I am new to this system.

Cheers guys !

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tong For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (16-12-17), Nappa (15-12-17), redisiel (15-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,851 Times

Hey bro

Nice set up I run similar one but I use coco instead of hydroton. Both work well.

I yield minimum of - 15 oz per 4 plants per 600w light.

Do You have an EC pen? Ph pen?

Also will need PH Down and PH Up (or liquid silicon instead of ph up does same thing plus more)

If yes to all of the above. Your fine, with what you got - you could add a root stimulator if you wanted but no necessarily. Less is more for your first grow or two

Peace
    Currently Growing Royal Queen's Critical and Humboldt's Blue Dream in Wilma 2000 Watts - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-RQS-Critical

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nappa For This Useful Post:

redisiel (15-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Hi mate, as far as Wilma goes I’m running mine with just pebbles and mainly a&b I do use silica as a must all throughout, boost and ooze in flower, should be the same shit for coco.
    I feed 15 minutes every 2 hours and once in lights out, once you get it going mate it’s really easy I’ll tag along or might be a good time to get a diary started
    Atb
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Nappa (15-12-17)

Thanks

Fantastic man thanks for the info guys.

Yeah Im only waiting for my seeds now and a few more items then im good to go.

My other main concern is the water temp of the res dropping to low as i am in south of europe. Modifications in the res required at all?

I have an EC and PH reader so thats not to worry. now of course with regards to oxygen. As iv seen a few modified Wilmas where they are drilling a few holes on the base where the pot lies to increase the rate of the roots getting into the res. Good idea to get the drill out? ,)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tong For This Useful Post:

redisiel (18-12-17)

Thanks

Another thing::
    Until my finances are a bit better, il invest in a dimmeable digital ballast that can switch but for now I have a 600w omega Hps running. I have a MH on its way but im a bit uncertain running a MH 600w on the same magnetic ballast due to the face that it doest switch like the later models.
    I guess what im trying to ask is if its way to risky running a MH on an HPS magnetic ballast that does not have interchangeable functions?

Appreciate all the info amigos!

Will start posting a diary as soon as I have the remaining items

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tong For This Useful Post:

redisiel (18-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Tong View Post
    Another thing::
    Until my finances are a bit better, il invest in a dimmeable digital ballast that can switch but for now I have a 600w omega Hps running. I have a MH on its way but im a bit uncertain running a MH 600w on the same magnetic ballast due to the face that it doest switch like the later models.
    I guess what im trying to ask is if its way to risky running a MH on an HPS magnetic ballast that does not have interchangeable functions?

Appreciate all the info amigos!

Will start posting a diary as soon as I have the remaining items
    It’s the same thing brother I swap mine when I go into flower no problem
    Redz

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Karsa (19-12-17)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

A hid ballast will run mh and hps (so I was told by lumii).

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Awesome cheers for the info!

Another question Redsiel if you dont mind.
    I am contemplating drilling a few holes on the resevoir, where the pot bases are to increase the rate of root growth into the res.

What are your thoughts on a few DIY mods for my wilma. Ive seen a few other growers do this and it seems as if its worth the while
    Whats you ideas?

I only have a NEWA Maxi MJ 500 pump inside my res of 50l at the moment but of course in the near future il be adding on.

Thanks for your time really digging the feedback!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

you add an air pump and airstones you will be fine
    make the holes big enough

i used on previously and i built a frame/table for the top to sit on
    that way when emptying with the pump, when it was low enough and not so heavy you could slide the bottom out and empty it fully or even clean it.
    just some pieces of 2x2 around the side of the top so the lip sat on it, then add legs.
    very helpful

i had the bigger pots tho and i would suggest upgrading them
    if i help drop a THANKS its free

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

Tong (28-01-18)