Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Homemade dry box any advice

Thanks

Default Homemade dry box any advice

Is i ended up cropping my super skunk an have made a home made dry box its one big cardboard box with a fan in the wall of the box with another box going over the fan with a square cut out the back so no lights gets in an i have cut a bit out the bottom for heater so i can control temp with black hanging bag to cover anylight (no covering the back of the heater so air still gets in) an ive put an old netted curten (its been washed) to each corner an have most my wet bud on that an some bud strung up on some thread the temp is between 25-30 an hemi was 46% now middle 30s how can i get this hemi uo to about 50 or is that okay an should i take the drying net out an sting up all the buds this is the first time ive dryed an really dont wunna mess this up ill get a drying net thing in a few days but rn i have no funds so gotta make do with what i got any advice
    Last edited by Greenster6969; 15-12-17 at 07:55 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greenster6969 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-12-17), M_C (20-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

turn the heat off buddy thats way too hot IMO
    you want it low so it dries nicely and slowly
    some guys use different temps but around 18c and i wouldn't go above 20c
    also the fan could be causing too much movement, are the buds moving at all and how much?
    i prefer to dry in a much bigger pref,, the grow room with extraction on lowish
    slowly drawing it out

im very surprised no one has messaged back to you but how long have they been in this heat for?
    Last edited by ENGLISH_HERBSMAN; 16-12-17 at 12:16 AM.
    if i help drop a THANKS its free

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

Dizzydave (17-12-17), GEORGE (18-12-17), Greenster6969 (16-12-17)

Thanks

So should i turn the heater off now then? An put them the buds on tge net in 24hr ago an ones on strings are 36hr the buds dont really move alot but the one on the strings are

Sent from my SM-G530FZ using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greenster6969 For This Useful Post:

ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (17-12-17), GEORGE (18-12-17)

Thanks

An should i turn the fan around so its sucking air out of the box

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Greenster6969 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-12-17)

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply I have been very busy.
    Yes buddy hopefully you turned it off because that's very warm and you want to dry slowly.
    You can ruin your buds by drying too fast buddy
    Been along time in the warm so drop it asap personally now I would want it dropped to 18.
    Yeah turn the fan around buddy such a small area for a fan like that blowing

Look into curing too buddy

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-12-17), Greenster6969 (17-12-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nooby_dr_g_is_back View Post
    Sorry for the late reply I have been very busy.
    Yes buddy hopefully you turned it off because that's very warm and you want to dry slowly.
    You can ruin your buds by drying too fast buddy
    Been along time in the warm so drop it asap personally now I would want it dropped to 18.
    Yeah turn the fan around buddy such a small area for a fan like that blowing

Look into curing too buddy
    Yeah turned it off last night an out the fan on speed one instead of two so no buds moving should I start curing now it should I wait till I can snap the stems as I don't have a clue

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Greenster6969 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-12-17)

Thanks

No buddy take it slow. Cure when ready.
    You want to slow things right down now and let it dry slow
    What are temps now? And humidity
    When you roll a bud between your fingers how does it smell and feel?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-12-17), Greenster6969 (18-12-17)

Thanks

The stems are starting to harden an it was 16 last night an it's 18 now with between 45-55 humi it smells just a weak bud smell the put side is quite dry not turn to dust dry

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Greenster6969 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-12-17)

Thanks

Sounds like you need to cut it off the branches and bag it up to sweat at least.
    Then check in the morning.
    Or put into jars. I'm sure its dried too fast because of the heat but should contain moisture in the centre.
    I'd need to personally view it to be 100% but seems this way.
    When I first started growing over 17 years back I dried too fast myself so you are not alone buddy

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

Greenster6969 (19-12-17)

Thanks

So i have to put all my bud into a jar over night to bring the moisture out the middle then put back in the drying box tomorrow morning? Yeah I'll get that all jarrred up now then an atleast I'll never fuck up drying again #learningcerve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast