Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tiny little flies

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    Cptn
    The flier In the top picture, is that a flying thrip then?
    I know that the leaf marks are thrips now because I’ve just come from my room and checked. I really thought the top picture was afungus gnat, the hydrogen peroxide will take care of thrip and fungus gnat pupae, I think I have got rid of quite a bad infestation now after 4 different sprays now and the most effective I think was isopropyl alcohol 50/50 water. I’ve also done two neem sprays 72 hours apart which I know is a mites life cycle but if I’m fighting thrips I’m fighting every Cunt and the other was a homemade insecticidal soap with doctor bronners and EM5.as for the soil I’ll top dress a load of Earth worm castings from the bin which should have loads of hypoapsis miles.
    Redz
    yep its a thrip flyer stealthy as fuk they are they can even hit the bulb when on + survive see ...take a proper look @ the fuka zoomed in...shes a beaut infact all the flyers pictured above are thrips
    Last edited by Captain Beefheart; 13-01-18 at 10:36 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

redisiel (13-01-18)

Thanks

my bug killer wipes out anything with lungs..........

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

redisiel (13-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Beefheart View Post
    my bug killer wipes out anything with lungs..........

What bug killer beef?
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Captain Beefheart (13-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    What bug killer beef?
    its in my diary redz ..i had fast maggots with legs never seen them before not thrips or springtails but they were crawling all over the gaff....i bought it in the nusery its for edibles + the geexer @ the nursery reckomeneded it he uses it on all his produce...1 spray usually sorts all out larvae included , tho i needed 3 applications so far. im now bug free go in my diary and skip back to the veg stage early pages its in there bach.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

ggotch (14-01-18), redisiel (13-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Beefheart View Post
    its in my diary redz ..i had fast maggots with legs never seen them before not thrips or springtails but they were crawling all over the gaff....i bought it in the nusery its for edibles + the geexer @ the nursery reckomeneded it he uses it on all his produce...1 spray usually sorts all out larvae included , tho i needed 3 applications so far. im now bug free go in my diary and skip back to the veg stage early pages its in there bach.
    I’ll get my nut in there soon B
    Blessings
    Redz

10. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Captain Beefheart (13-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,586 Times

Here they are zoomed right in.

My phone won't zoom in as well on the little wiggly things on the leaves but are they babies of these little flies or are they something else?

So they're 100 percent thrips?

I want to identify these fuckers before I give any treatment.

Also I don't think I'll be putting these into flower tomorrow now Or until these fuckers are dealt with.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TOKER_REX For This Useful Post:

redisiel (14-01-18)

Thanks

I swear they still look like fungus gnats lol but 100% the leaf damage is thrip I’m just looking on growweedeasy now at thrips and fungus gnats and shit see what you think.
    I wouldn’t flower till it was dealt with either mate. You gotta nuke em anyway regardless what they are I know mine are thrips but I haven’t seen any fliers but I did see one Alive earlier but I’ve cut the numbers down massively
    Ffs the top two new photos look like they could be adult black aphid aswell Toker.
    Soon T
    Redz
    Last edited by redisiel; 14-01-18 at 04:38 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

TOKER_REX (14-01-18)

Thanks

See i have thought exactly the same thing.

When i matched them up to other bug pictures on the net I first thought black aphid. Then I saw pics of gnats and thought they maybe gnats. Then I saw the wiggly things under the leaves and thought thrips.

Either way I need to put together a good plan of what's going to need doing.

Any pointers? I want to do it as thoroughly as possible and tomorrow grow shop is open half day so could possibly get on with it all day.

I'm thinking of emptying the room taking plants out and washing the trays out and bombing the place with raid or something. Then one plant at a time removing the majorly damaged leaves and some lower down growth and then spraying the plant with something? Also considering drenching the coco with a neem oil solution. Then bringing the plants in.

Sods law we all want our plants to be as closely noded as possible which in turn give up manageable bushes later on in flower but at times like this you think how am I going to get into that bush and get on the underside of all the leaves as they're pretty much resting on the coco.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TOKER_REX For This Useful Post:

redisiel (14-01-18)

Thanks

Also these fuckers. Some are really small and light/white and some are a bit darker like the one on this picture and these guys jump aswell rather than just crawl.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TOKER_REX For This Useful Post:

redisiel (14-01-18)

Thanks

i`ll say it once more them ^^^ are THRIPS with out any doubt fuk me mun . a few beauts there to bach

Heres 1 ewe got i think ?btw there lots of different buggers all colours

Last edited by Captain Beefheart; 14-01-18 at 02:41 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

redisiel (14-01-18)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast