Thread: ABV or AVB Coconut Oil Capsules

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,547 Times

Default ABV or AVB Coconut Oil Capsules

I had some ABV left over from my pax adventures so I decided to use about half of it to make some coconut oil capsules.

I took 10 grams of ABV that's mainly been through heat level 3 and 4 on the pax. I added another 10 grams of lecithin and ground it fine in a food processor. You can use a pestal and mortar instead. The aim is to get it as fine as possible so the largest surface area is in contact with the oil.

You are supposed to only just cover the ground up ABV with coconut oil which equates to about 50 ml, but I doubled it as my missus who doesn't smoke and hardly drinks fancied trying some so I doubled up and put in 100ml of oil as I can always double up on tabs.

I put this in a bowl inside a veg steamer and simmered for 2 hours, then into the freezer for 2 hours. The freezing is supposed to break the trichomes extracting as much of the good stuff as possible. Amazingly there was no smell of weed, more a nutty chocolate smell, nice!

I repeated the cycle so that the oil was cooked and frozen 4 times altogether over 2 days. I strained this through a metal sieve and then through a coffee filter which is a right messy carry on! Might not do this again as quite a bit got wasted because of my impatience

I took a cardboard box and poked a load of holes in with a screwdriver, placed in the gel caps and filled with a syringe. Got about 70 tabs out of it in total which included some samples along the way

70 tabs equates to roughly 0.14 g of ABV per cap, again I could have done less oil and made double the strength but as this was my first venture into edibles I was being cautious.

I've had a couple of samples and the cooking /freezing cycle really works well. 3 of these babies glues me to the couch for hours. Great body stone. Seriously do not have any of these if you have things to do!

Enjoy!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eightleggeddj For This Useful Post:

autobox (27-12-17), M_C (06-01-18)

Thanks

By the way, these are THE BEST painkillers I've ever had - looking at a good 4-5 hours plus pain free and real easy movement. I Will definitely be making more

4. The Following User Says Thank You to eightleggeddj For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

Nicely done, mate

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

eightleggeddj (06-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,792 Times

abv ???? sorry new to all this ...... but willing to learn ,

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to budfarmer For This Useful Post:

eightleggeddj (07-01-18)

Thanks

No worries pal

If you use a vape for your herb then not all the THC is used as its not combusted like it would be in a joint or pipe etc, so you keep your Already Been Vaped (ABV) or Already Vaped Bud (AVB) and you get to use your herb for double the fun. There are loads of different ways of using it but coconut oil is a great carrier as the fat takes the thc to the places you need it and the lecithin helps the body absorb that goodness even better.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eightleggeddj For This Useful Post:

lipnobody (04-02-18)

Thanks

Awesome that's good to know! I vape a lot and these look perfect

Quote Originally Posted by eightleggeddj View Post
    By the way, these are THE BEST painkillers I've ever had - looking at a good 4-5 hours plus pain free and real easy movement. I Will definitely be making more