Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: lollipopping/defoliation

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

Quote Originally Posted by superbeasto View Post
    I don't think you have to wait a full week to let them recover. Like you said they're not going to start flowering straight away. Keep an eye on them and do what you feel based on how they are reacting. If you aren't restricted for grow space or time, then 6+ week veg is ideal.

I think that way of thinking is counter to the basic concepts of growing cannabis indoors. If the way your plants evolved to grow in the wild was the ideal way to grow them indoors, we wouldn't even have this subforum "Advanced Growing Techniques". As indoor growers, we do all kinds of things to modify our plants to grow more optimally in a small box under a light bulb. The primary reason for employing defoliation techniques in your grow would be to thin out a dense canopy to allow more light penetration and reveal shaded bud sites. More tops having more access to light = more yield. As far as shocking or stressing the plant, I think that all sorts of insects and critters would munch on cannabis leaves in the wild. As evidenced by the fact that as soon as you remove a fan leaf, go back in 10 minutes and the wound has already "scabbed" over. A few days later, the nub will dry up and fall off completely. Like it never even happened. I think plants evolved to deal with this. Millions of years ago, if a cannabis plant couldn't survive and reproduce after a hungry caterpillar munched away half its leaves, then that genetic weakness was bred out of the gene pool and the hardier plants survived.

Just my $0.02 on the topic.
    aye aye bach i hear ewe ...i`ll go rip all my fans off now and about 3 ounces of popcorn buds that fit my pipe jest bang tidy,fuk me the sheep get enough @ harvest mun bach duw duw .atb

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

MRJIMMY2017 (24-12-17)

Thanks

Heres the reason I don't lollypop or trim the bottom third of me plants !!!!! There'd be fuk all left to smoke ....ha ha ha fuk me

Great googly moogly...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (28-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

you dont have enough to strip lol
    with a heavy indica i feel its needed but if you have a nicely spread plant like captain then i wouldnt touch it at all
    only take whats in the way IMO
    if i help drop a THANKS its free

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

Captain Beefheart (28-12-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nooby_dr_g_is_back View Post
    you dont have enough to strip lol
    with a heavy indica i feel its needed but if you have a nicely spread plant like captain then i wouldnt touch it at all
    only take whats in the way IMO
    fuk me bach that ^^^ is choked to fuk stuffed in dead mans corner ...if only ewe could see the way its stuffed in the groom ewe would not believe me....its literally crammed in amongst the others ...its got no room its only spread out in the bath trust me

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

Captain Beefheart (28-12-17)

Thanks

Rite then we give this a shot.....if ewe look at the right of picture ewe will see a few tops really low down beneath the screen......these are 4 ft / 5 ft from the bulb and will be a few gram buds at harvest....why the fuk do I want to cut them off ? They look shiny and healthy to me see ?

Low down behind the copper pipe

Great googly moogly...
    Last edited by Captain Beefheart; 28-12-17 at 01:22 AM.

Thanks

Btw I aint removed a single leaf to date

Great googly moogly...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nooby_dr_g_is_back View Post
    lol
    benelyn + bow bach.............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2