Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Huge Difference in what look to be healthy plants. is this normal?

Thanks

Hey. thanks. that's a relief regarding the lights. and i am gradually getting her comfortable. i think she had fun tying back some branches. I guess i will change to the HID light because i am heating all through lights on anyway, and see how that works out. will let me get everything stabilized again re temperature. the plants are overall 7 weeks old. if i do change, would you suggest using the Metal Halide bulb or the HPS at this point?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bootsy For This Useful Post:

Karsa (04-01-18), MonsterEnergy (05-01-18)

Thanks

thanks. ideally i would have too. might have been the wrong choice, but here's hoping. I think I'd better post another photo as they are much further along. no room for the bucket now.
    I got time now that our "weather bomb" storm has everything closed around the Maritimes.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bootsy For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (05-01-18)

Thanks

it's looking like fine to change because i want the heat the HID will give in daytime. with my little heater inside the tent, i still have to heat the room outside of it so it can keep up. coooold basement. I bet using the HID will actually save me power, since i wont have to heat the whole big room. Cheers

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bootsy For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (05-01-18), redisiel (04-01-18)

Hobbit Guest

You want the mH till stretch stops mate, really would consider vegging longer under your cfl if i were you, for reasons stated above and also they are still very small mate, you be eating up the electric for a small return really.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Karsa (05-01-18), MonsterEnergy (05-01-18), redisiel (04-01-18)

Thanks

thanks. Really wish I had the option to keep going longer, but unfortunately this is a big imposition on my wife and each week less will help. I will only be home every three to four weeks for a weekend at a time. Next try I will have better control and to be ready, so I consider this grow a success even if it stops now - i can see this being addictive. Incidentally, I got new photos in my gallery if there's any chance you might look, but havent figured out how to add them to a post yet. Note that they were just tied back to keep em from spreading too much. It is getting tight - one thing I would do is to have a different size tent if I could (but the deal was too good). 3 by 3 is inconvenient to get at back plants. I am using LED now, and just remembered the switch it has for flowering - what a difference in colour! I will at least wait till the branches all turn up and then plan on the HID. Regarding cost- I have a 350W heater in the tent basically on all the time day and night, and a 750w heater in the adjacent room, which seems to be working pretty hard most of the time. With this and the 300W light, I now get 25C in the day and 19to 20 at night. As suggested above, it seems worthwhile to use the better growing bulbs, and possibly using less energy overall. I did get the digital that are dimmable for possible less energy consumption. Interesting that in all my research before starting, it seemed cooling would be the problem, not heating

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bootsy For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (05-01-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

hey bootsy, below your gallery images are linking codes,
    just copy the code next to Medium Image:

then just add the links like so,

i hope that helps,

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

bootsy (05-01-18)

Thanks

thanks. Really wish I had the option to keep going longer, but unfortunately this is a big imposition on my wife and each week less will help. I will only be home every three to four weeks for a weekend at a time. Next try I will have better control and to be ready, so I consider this grow a success even if it stops now - i can see this being addictive. Incidentally, I got new photos in my gallery if there's any chance you might look, but havent figured out how to add them to a post yet. Note that they were just tied back to keep em from spreading too much. It is getting tight - one thing I would do is to have a different size tent if I could (but the deal was too good). 3 by 3 is inconvenient to get at back plants. I am using LED now, and just remembered the switch it has for flowering - what a difference in colour! I will at least wait till the branches all turn up and then plan on the HID. Regarding cost- I have a 350W heater in the tent basically on all the time day and night, and a 750w heater in the adjacent room, which seems to be working pretty hard most of the time. With this and the 300W light, I now get 25C in the day and 19to 20 at night. As suggested above, it seems worthwhile to use the better growing bulbs, and possibly using less energy overall. I did get the digital that are dimmable for possible less energy consumption. Interesting that in all my research before starting, it seemed cooling would be the problem, not heating

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bootsy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for posting my images. I still cant get it myself. cant seem to copy the link by the photos. Darn- i did it awhile ago.

Hobbit Guest

Yeah its a bit of a debacle that one. The latest pic tells a different story to the first one you posted.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Karsa (05-01-18)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    You probably planned in summer and got your stuff in winter, massively different in ambient temps etc.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast