Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soil for organic

Thanks

Default Soil for organic

Hi all, asking a lot on the forums today :-) The guys who encouraged me to get started, promised to "be there all the way" to assist and advise me, as I am clueless myself. LMAO! Droppers galore! Can't get ahold of them on the phone or text, so I'm stuck with a lot of questions, and many of the videos and books/articles I'm reading have a stack of info, but none seems relevant to me :-)

Here goes:
    I use the following soil
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171227_000051.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	354830

Name:	20171227_110642.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	354831

I have no idea what type of mix this is (have seen the words "lite mix" somewhere on the forum). Also, I understand that every time I start a new growth, I will have to replace the soil. Is this correct, is one not able to continue using the same soil? The soil was "activated" by these "friends" who started me on the journey....no idea what they did to "activate" it. They added various chemicals from bottles which I still have.

Could someone comment/advise?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jazzstudio For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-12-17), Greengrass (27-12-17), redisiel (28-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jazzstudio View Post
    Hi all, asking a lot on the forums today :-) The guys who encouraged me to get started, promised to "be there all the way" to assist and advise me, as I am clueless myself. LMAO! Droppers galore! Can't get ahold of them on the phone or text, so I'm stuck with a lot of questions, and many of the videos and books/articles I'm reading have a stack of info, but none seems relevant to me :-)

Here goes:
    I use the following soil

Name:	20171227_000051.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	354830

Name:	20171227_110642.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	354831

I have no idea what type of mix this is (have seen the words "lite mix" somewhere on the forum). Also, I understand that every time I start a new growth, I will have to replace the soil. Is this correct, is one not able to continue using the same soil? The soil was "activated" by these "friends" who started me on the journey....no idea what they did to "activate" it. They added various chemicals from bottles which I still have.

Could someone comment/advise?
    You can recycle your soil, by adding additives to the soil, such as Kelp, Seaweed, Lime, Cal Mag, Black Ken, and a bunch more organic matiral that is on the market today.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (27-12-17), jazzstudio (27-12-17), Karsa (27-12-17), redisiel (28-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    You can recycle your soil, by adding additives to the soil, such as Kelp, Seaweed, Lime, Cal Mag, Black Ken, and a bunch more organic matiral that is on the market today.
    but it takes a while to break down and is better previously prepared,
    out of curiosity what are the bottles you still have? pic possible?
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-12-17), Greengrass (27-12-17)

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by lipnobody View Post
    but it takes a while to break down and is better previously prepared,
    out of curiosity what are the bottles you still have? pic possible?
    Yes, you should mix it for I would say at least 6 months, but even more would be better. I get all this organic stuff from Wall Mart. In late fall it is half off, because they don't carry it year round. It comes back in the spring. I don't have a bag of every thing I use, but I will list some of the stuff, so you will know what to look for in there garden department. I do a Mix in a Wheelbarrow of about 15 gallons at a time. Some of the stuff I am using now has been sitting over 14 months, so some pretty good stuff. All I do is wet it sometimes, and let it sit and mello out. Davisvue. With My Organic Soil, I mix a bag of WhoolyCow I buy from the local feed store that is also where the Black Hen comes from.
    There lots of other Organic such as Tomota-Tone, Kelp and much more. I pefere the Tomota-Tone over the Plant-Tone just for the reason it has more Cal Mag in it. I have never had a Cal Mag problem with any of my plants. I hope this will help. I also remix the soil once I use it a couple of times, but soil doesn't wear out, so as far as I know you can remix it every time if you don't have much to spend on soil all the time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0400.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	354834   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0403.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	354835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0402.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	354836   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0404.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	354837   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0386.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	354838  
    Last edited by GEORGE; 27-12-17 at 09:44 PM.

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

you buy the soil for £10-£15 or if you go for a cheap soil £5
    if you wanna reuse it you will spend even more to fix it than you did to buy it, then wait 6/12+ months

i simply buy more new soil, if you wanna reuse soil that's cool, but for me it isn't worth the time/money

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-12-17), Greengrass (28-12-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    you buy the soil for £10-£15 or if you go for a cheap soil £5
    if you wanna reuse it you will spend even more to fix it than you did to buy it, then wait 6/12+ months

i simply buy more new soil, if you wanna reuse soil that's cool, but for me it isn't worth the time/money
    I'll have to disagree a little. If you use your soil over again, then you save what ever you would have spent on it in the first place. But I do agree that for as little as 10 15 bucks , why not just mix up a new bag if you have the money. I sometimes run low on money, so that is why I use the soil twice some times.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Greengrass (28-12-17)

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    I'll have to disagree a little. If you use your soil over again, then you save what ever you would have spent on it in the first place. But I do agree that for as little as 10 15 bucks , why not just mix up a new bag if you have the money. I sometimes run low on money, so that is why I use the soil twice some times.

it's the time between fixing and reusing that would get me 6 month minimum wait, if ya outdoors and have the space re-using it definitely makes sense,
    if i buy 200 liters of soil i can get it for £40, no waiting around for the next batch,

but if i was outdoors, 200 liters isn't anything,

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnergy View Post
    it's the time between fixing and reusing that would get me 6 month minimum wait, if ya outdoors and have the space re-using it definitely makes sense,
    if i buy 200 liters of soil i can get it for £40, no waiting around for the next batch,

but if i was outdoors, 200 liters isn't anything,
    I have to disagree too, I don’t wait a second I literally plant right next to the plant just chopped and I don’t even think you need to wait anywhere near 6 months to reuse it anyway. Every time you bring in new soil you risk bringing bugs in too
    Blessings
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-12-17), MonsterEnergy (28-12-17)

Thanks

i have never had bugs, not once, so i don't see a problem with new soil,
    again i don't see it saving me anytime or money reusing old depleted soil,

can't see me ever planting in a pot full of dead roots,
    glad it works for you, doubt i will try it though lol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-12-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast