Thread: Removing all stems except main colas?

Thanks

Default Removing all stems except main colas?

Hi guys done all my research on this forum even tho it's only my first post. I've got 5 girls in a 8x4 area been vegged for 7 weeks they wide as hell except one plant is leggy, I'd like to remove all stems except the 9/10 main colas? Will this direct all growth energy to the remaining colas? I kick started flowering cycle yesterday.... I've slit all the stems off already with a sharp knife and placed duck tape over the wound to hopefully stop infection? Have I done the right thing? I have a even canopy and 3x 600w hps 8x4 area is full to the sides and back. Thanks for reading

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigbudzilla For This Useful Post:

ilikebigbuds (08-01-18), MonsterEnergy (01-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

Strange first post..why do that if you ain’t already got knowledge

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

Umm... Slit stems, why? And pics help a lot. As sad said, very odd first post...

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,868 Times

Like cutting yur kids arms and legs off and tossin it in the lake and saying SWIM? Aint makin much sence to me I reckon, but reckon we all be lucky to have Red Green joins this here fire

BWD

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BackWoodsDrifter For This Useful Post:

Captain Beefheart (01-01-18), ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (01-01-18), gardro (31-12-17), Karsa (31-12-17), ToughCall (11-05-20)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

think he means he trimmed all the growth, lots prune and yes it redirects energy to the main tips,
    i don't think the tape is needed on the cuts, if the scissors are sterile there should be no infection

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

Bigbudzilla (05-01-18), jake420 (01-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BackWoodsDrifter View Post
    Like cutting yur kids arms and legs off and tossin it in the lake and saying SWIM? Aint makin much sence to me I reckon, but reckon we all be lucky to have Red Green joins this here fire

BWD
    Lmao
    if i help drop a THANKS its free

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

BackWoodsDrifter (01-01-18), MonsterEnergy (11-01-18), ToughCall (11-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BackWoodsDrifter View Post

BWD
    aye and samson never wore a mask either did he bach. they cut the poor fukas hair off he couldnt have a wank for 3 weeks the poor fuka god bless him.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Captain Beefheart For This Useful Post:

BackWoodsDrifter (01-01-18), bigbadbillybob (03-01-18), ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (01-01-18), Karsa (01-01-18), MonsterEnergy (11-01-18)

Thanks

So basically people what I have heard is that taking off a few is supposed to direct energy into the other colas.... My plants were vegged 8weeks and had spent one day of lights off as start of 12/12 and I decided to take around 20 stems off mostly lanky and thin stems, Leaving 12 big 10-12"colas I kept her until tonight and decided just to chop her and dispose of her to give the rest space but it didn't seem to stop growth at all, the flower heads were still maturing until this evening at lights on albeit a bit slower but definitely wasn't that far behind the rest, perhaps it may have took an extra few days to mature which isn't exactly anything up ordinary as plants are ready when they're ready. So maybe there is some method in the madness or perhaps just strain dependant or maybe I just got lucky. A lot of people after my first post saying it's like chopping your kids arms off and chucking them in the deep end. The thing is have any of you actually tried it? Or are you just simply regurgitating things you read? You have to try things to find out if they actually work or not. Every situation can be different and lots of variables to lots of different techniques but this goes for anything not just this particular topic and there is always a better way of doing something. Anyway sorry for the rant but had to be said my other 5 have more space now I think I've done the right thing in the end people more space for them under the 3x600's. If anyone is interested I can tell you what I'm running etc and even put up some pics maybe. Cheers

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bigbudzilla For This Useful Post:

Ginger-bud (05-01-18), ilikebigbuds (08-01-18), MonsterEnergy (11-01-18), ToughCall (11-05-20)

Chew Guest

I always remove the lot and go for 8 colas normally. Better light penetration imo and way quicker to trim come harvest. No loss of yield, just big fat colas

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (10-01-18), MonsterEnergy (05-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

ahh more understandable you mean cutting the lower branches off that will be popcorn buds compared to higher heads
    i do this myself too, i cut all lower branches off completely but ive topped and trained a little to make more heads at canopy height
    i watch how much i remove in one go tho and i have never had a hermie, never
    not even 1 bolock
    some guys go nuts and get away with it but im a little more careful and dont want to risk it lol so i do it gradually
    Last edited by ENGLISH_HERBSMAN; 10-01-18 at 01:45 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (11-01-18)