Thread: Seedling Temps

Thanks

Default Seedling Temps

So i think i fucked up.

I had some plants under a 200w cfl while terming and waited for 2nd set of true leaves. There about an inch tall now btw.

Iv then stuck them under 600w bulb and set fan controller to 27c. But there showing signs of heat stress or light stress. Also no growth over the last 2 days.

So to be safe iv moved the lights up and set temp to 23c today.

Would this be the right thing to do?

Also does overwatering cause no growth. I have clay pebbles and a Wilma drip, which is set to to turn on for 15mins every 2 hours but i think the 1 inch rock wool cubes they were termed in might not be drying before the next flood...

Am so confused, its been a few years since i last grew anything an kind of forgot how to get them "going" properly

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bud_Banshee For This Useful Post:

redisiel (31-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

Sounds like you placed them under 600w too soon. You also left out another vital piece of information. How far is your light etc

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admiral For This Useful Post:

redisiel (31-12-17)

Thanks

light is about 3ft above highest seedling at min it was a foot but then iv moved it up.

I did the back of hand test and it was warm but not hot when at a foot, so i wrongly assumed it was ok, or so i think that may be the reason anyway

also ec is 1.3 and ph is 5.6

Iv also changed watering to from once every 2 hours to once every 12.

as some of the healthy ones looked slightly droopy. Plus i think one has died from over watering today as its keeled over
    Last edited by Bud_Banshee; 31-12-17 at 07:09 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bud_Banshee For This Useful Post:

redisiel (31-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

That ec seems very high mate what’s your background ec?
    I do think think the lights the problem my seedlings love going under the 600’s they just need good light stable temps and a LOW feed. How old are they? Have you got any pictures?
    I’ve got a seedling probably 2 1/2 weeks old now and on its third or fourth node and about 2”tall so I’m putting that down to genetics
    23 is cold mate. I think your rushing them I have another clone placed in the Wilma system with pebbles and it was rooted in a root root cube that’s been in there probably ten days it needs time sir the roots are doing all the growin and above ground is proper still
    Redz
    Last edited by redisiel; 31-12-17 at 09:10 PM.
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    That ec seems very high mate what’s your background ec?
    I do think think the lights the problem my seedlings love going under the 600’s they just need good light stable temps and a LOW feed. How old are they? Have you got any pictures?
    I’ve got a seedling probably 2 1/2 weeks old now and on its third or fourth node and about 2”tall so I’m putting that down to genetics
    23 is cold mate. I think your rushing them I have another clone placed in the Wilma system with pebbles and it was rooted in a root root cube that’s been in there probably ten days it needs time sir the roots are doing all the growin and above ground is proper still
    Redz
    there about 1 week old since they came above ground.

I did think the ec was high but its what the canna aqua feed chart on their website says. the background ec is 0.3

Whats a good temp for young ones then?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bud_Banshee For This Useful Post:

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bud_Banshee View Post
    light is about 3ft above highest seedling at min it was a foot but then iv moved it up.

I did the back of hand test and it was warm but not hot when at a foot, so i wrongly assumed it was ok, or so i think that may be the reason anyway

also ec is 1.3 and ph is 5.6

Iv also changed watering to from once every 2 hours to once every 12.

as some of the healthy ones looked slightly droopy. Plus i think one has died from over watering today as its keeled over
    The old back of the hand test strikes again eh. Never liked that idea tbh.

Thanks

just an update incase anyone finds this in future, the following seems to have helped the plants

- lowering EC to 1.1
    - putting the lights at 3 ft above canopy
    - Changing watering to 15 min flood at start of lights on.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

That is still a large EC mate. Do you have a pic of the plants?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    That is still a large EC mate. Do you have a pic of the plants?
    I think you might be right. New growth showing signs of note burn so iv replaced the res with just tap water PH'd to 5.7.

Hoping this will fix all my issues and i can just increase the EC as needed

Thanks

You can use air conditioner