Thread: What strain should I try?

Thanks

Default What strain should I try?

I'm a light user, maybe 4 times in the last 10 years. The last time was a bad experience which seemed to amplify 10x my self doubts and worth. It was a terrible. However, now that it's legal in California, I want to give it a go again. Any suggestions on strain for a relaxed, happy, and euphoric experience?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LizardPizza For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (03-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,851 Times

You want a sativa or sativa hybrid

Very happy social high.

Try any of these:

Lemon haze
    Blue dream
    Sour diesel

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Currently Growing Royal Queen's Critical and Humboldt's Blue Dream in Wilma 2000 Watts - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-RQS-Critical

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nappa For This Useful Post:

ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (02-01-18), Jjammin (02-01-18), MonsterEnergy (03-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

Bad experience as in felt I'll?
    Panic Attack?
    If so may need indica strains
    What was bad about your experience buddy?
    if i help drop a THANKS its free

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (03-01-18)

Thanks

I struggle with low self esteem, depression, and anxiety. So I guess, yes, panic attack, my lowest of lows, and severe anxiety. I dwelled all night on how terrible I was and my life.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LizardPizza For This Useful Post:

MonsterEnergy (03-01-18)

Laederon Plateau on the northern edge of the continent of Genabackis.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,313 Times

I'd say cbd and thc combo so look for a cbd string that is sativa dom with a higher ratio of cbd to thc.
    The indica will just make you feel usless if that's how you feel, however it isn't a cure. Go get some professional help before it starts getting worse or does worsen. Avoid CBT therapy and go for ACT if you can. Canna is a great tool and a potential cure for a lot of things, however still hasn't been enough research into the canabinoids and the affects on different conditions etc. There has been enough to prompt more research for sure, but not enough to say it cures. Definitely helps if used right, that means strain choices as well as temperature, mood at the time, surroundings, consumption method and more.

I'm sure hell be along soon but one of our members is up together with the medical knowledge like no one I've ever met. Chew, I'll drop him a pm with the link to this thread.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karsa For This Useful Post:

ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (05-01-18), MonsterEnergy (03-01-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

Linking isn't allowed so c/p

Whether or not you agree with it, a lot of people choose to self-medicate depression symptoms with cannabis.
    Recent studies even suggest a link between depression and the body’s endocannabinoid system, which would help explain why so many favor cannabis over legal pharmaceutical alternatives.

You may be of the mindset that any ol’ strain will do and that its genetic background doesn’t matter. For people without legal access to cannabis, this mentality may not even be a choice (for right now, at least).
    But if you have access to choices that span the spectrum between pure indica and sativa, you may have noticed that some strains are in fact better-suited for depression symptoms than others. Why is that?

The answer lies in a strain’s chemical profile. Look beyond the THC content of a strain and you’ll see a rich composition of cannabinoids and terpenes, compounds that offer a myriad of therapeutic properties.
    Depending on the nature of your symptoms, different strains offer different solutions (be sure to check out all strains in our database rated highly for depression for more options).

Jack Herer is a sativa strain cherished for its uplifting qualities that inspire happiness and creativity.
    A look at Jack Herer’s chemical profile shows high levels of limonene and pinene, terpenes that boost mood and focus respectively.

Pineapple Express takes you on a one-way trip to your happy place where energy and bliss are simultaneously awakened by its generally high limonene content.

Harlequin, with its 1:1 ratio of THC and CBD, is the perfect solution for anyone needing a clear head alongside their depression relief.
    CBD helps counteract the sometimes anxiety-inducing effects of THC, so if you’re prone to nerves, Harlequin is for you.

Cannatonic is another high-CBD strain that delivers you to bliss without the anxiety often associated with high-THC strains.
    Its interplay of CBD and THC allow you through your day with a heightened mood and mental clarity.

Sour Tsunami and its high CBD content makes it a great choice for anxiety-prone individuals, particularly those sensitive to THC’s psychoactivity.

Granddaddy Purple is an indica strain that awakens appetite without worsening anxiety, but this strain is best saved for the evening if chronic fatigue is a problem for you.

THC is a common culprit of anxiety, so if you’re dealing with a high-THC strain, be sure to dose modestly. A relaxing indica high in the flowery-scented terpene linalool may be a good solution to anxiety,
    or try looking for a high-CBD strain.

there is loads of information available online,

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

autobox (04-01-18), ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (05-01-18), gardro (04-01-18), ggotch (04-01-18), Karsa (04-01-18)

Chew Guest

THC can be useful for anxiety but micro dosing works best from my experience. Look for terpenes of Linalool and Limonene

Ripping a bong or smoking a loaded fatty will stand more chance of causing it rather than reducing.

A 1:1 or CBD dominant strain will most likely suit you better. There’s also Candida CD1 and CBD crews Therapy

Trail and error really to find out what works for you.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (05-01-18), lipnobody (04-01-18)